Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography > Aquatic Photography

Old 29-09-2003, 10:06 AM   #11
Dovii

Check out Minolta DiMage A1 - 7x optical zoom, image stabilisation, fastest AF amongst prosumer non-SLR type digital cameras, real time histogram before capture.

More details on features here:
http://www.minolta.com.sg/products/p...duct.asp?id=59

The sample photos at dpreveiw looked very good:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0309/03...ltaa1samps.asp

Last edited by Dovii; 29-09-2003 at 10:14 AM.
Old 29-09-2003, 01:07 PM   #12
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Dovii
Check out Minolta DiMage A1 - 7x optical zoom, image stabilisation, fastest AF amongst prosumer non-SLR type digital cameras, real time histogram before capture.

More details on features here:
http://www.minolta.com.sg/products/p...duct.asp?id=59

The sample photos at dpreveiw looked very good:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0309/03...ltaa1samps.asp
Thanks for sharing. Minolta is a good brand, the only turn off is the battery which runs low very fast. I guess you can't have the best of everything. I like this camera,looks good too but I never trust sample pics as they are taken by professionals.
hahaha,sorry again too much of my views. Well bros here, keep this thread alive and by the end, I guess we will all learn so much so we can get the best cameras cater to our needs. Cheers to all.
Old 29-09-2003, 07:33 PM   #13
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

I do own a sony F717 maybe thats why I recommend it.

First it come with a 58mm threaded lens, you can add any macro filter or tele len to get better macro shots.

There is a manual focus ring for finetuning, can take night shots with night framing or in infrared. Very long battery life and feels good to hold.

The downside is expensive batteries, memory stick and OEM lens. There are 3rd party acessories around but they often do not perform as well as the OEM.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 08:04 PM   #14
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by BarraCuda™
I do own a sony F717 maybe thats why I recommend it.

First it come with a 58mm threaded lens, you can add any macro filter or tele len to get better macro shots.

There is a manual focus ring for finetuning, can take night shots with night framing or in infrared. Very long battery life and feels good to hold.

The downside is expensive batteries, memory stick and OEM lens. There are 3rd party acessories around but they often do not perform as well as the OEM.
May I ask how much did u bought it for?? (You can choose not to answer though)Hope this question don't offend u as some people don't like this kind of question. I have researched on it. Ya I agree sony stuff are expensive and if I were to upgrade the memory cards can't be used unless I buy another sony DC and the card reader have to be memory sticker reader too. I read the comments too, quite good. I have a lot of accessories like CF card and reader too but I'll consider getting the sony u recomended. I used to own a Sony DC too,4mp bought around $1000++, not very up to my expectation, afterwards which i bought my 5000 which is far worse except when all the lightings are in perfect condition, ur hand must never shake the slightest as it will result in a blur pics. I see that the sony has the anti-something to prevent that kind of blur pictures which is good. Thanks for sharing.
Old 29-09-2003, 08:13 PM   #15
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

I got mine for around $1300+ with the original package.

If you want to use compact flash, can try for G5, its a great cam too.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 08:33 PM   #16
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by BarraCuda™
I got mine for around $1300+ with the original package.

If you want to use compact flash, can try for G5, its a great cam too.
Are you serious??? I saw a 2nd hand for one for $1600 which I though a new one would probably cost $2000++, if $2000++ ,I will pay another 1grand to purchase a EOSD300 Rebel. I'm conisdering G5 also,everything is fine except the design. I really hate the design of the camera however I'm willing to compromise for good quality pics. On a comparsion, which is better. Anyone use G5 before??? Please advise.
Old 29-09-2003, 08:42 PM   #17
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Fantasy
The Canon 300D look good for a DSLR and is not very expensive except the accessories.

Saw in the newspaper that it cost $1999 with standard kit. Should be cheaper at shops.
Thanks for the information. The reason why it is cheap is because parts of it is made in Taiwan as to cut down costs. However this is still a good camera. I think they included a lens this time.

PS: Anyone knows the link to msclour in Ang mo kio, the link provided by another bro is dead. I need to know the website,can anyone out there help? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by aardwolf; 29-09-2003 at 08:48 PM.
Old 29-09-2003, 08:50 PM   #18
SoToNgMaN

Senior Moderator

Agree wif Barr ... if u can afford it ... G5 is the best in the market ..

Currently using nikon 775 which has the best macro of its time of 4 cm ... but problem wif it is no manual focus and no screw threads for optional lenses ...

For budget constrained, Canon A70 is good too ... and economical ... which runs on CF ...

Btw: Sony products r of reasonable quality ... but price for expansion or upgrading r throat cutting ..

Cheers ...

"Huo Dao Lao Xue Dao Lao"
Knowledge shall I seek till wither

Photography Gallery
http://www.watchsg.com
SoToNgMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2003, 08:55 PM   #19
aardwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by SoToNgMaN
Agree wif Barr ... if u can afford it ... G5 is the best in the market ..

Currently using nikon 775 which has the best macro of its time of 4 cm ... but problem wif it is no manual focus and no screw threads for optional lenses ...

For budget constrained, Canon A70 is good too ... and economical ... which runs on CF ...

Btw: Sony products r of reasonable quality ... but price for expansion or upgrading r throat cutting ..

Cheers ...
I've no problem with the price. Have u use G5 before? Any experience to share? But of course I'm also looking for a good deal too, hahaha, that's only human.
After looking at the price of Rebel D300 priced only at $1999, I'm really really tempted to buy it straight away.

Last edited by aardwolf; 29-09-2003 at 09:05 PM.
Old 29-09-2003, 09:05 PM   #20
SoToNgMaN

Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by aardwolf
I've no problem with the price. Have u use G5 before? Any experience to share?
No experience wif G5 ... but u might wanna do some readup on reviews on the digicam ...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong5/

The above mentioned webby does worthy review of lotsa other cam models as well ... do check it out ..

Btw: there's comparisons wif other cam models in the review as well

"Huo Dao Lao Xue Dao Lao"
Knowledge shall I seek till wither

Photography Gallery
http://www.watchsg.com
SoToNgMaN is offline   Reply With Quote