Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 19-03-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
ZhiQiang

Default My newly scaped tank...

Comment pls...

Flora: Red Lotus, Hydrophilla Difformis and cabomba caroliniana

Livestock: 80 Cherry Barbs, 8 GAE, 9 Yamato Shrimp, 20 Cherry Shrimp

Picture:

Sorry for the big picture...
Old 19-03-2005, 10:12 PM   #2
KeIgO86

looks way way way too symmetrical..
Old 19-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #3
|squee|

Don't mind me being blunt ok?

I agree with KeIgO86, it's too symmetrical. The focal point is too much to the left, placing it in a Golden Ratio point of your tank will be much much better.

Remove the lava rocks, they look too unnatural because of the holes in them.

I'd divide the tank into two, and plant the two sides differently from each other, yet make the plant group changes smooth and transitional as the eye goes from the focal point to the rest of the tank.

Here's what I'd do for the left side ( but you don't need to take my word for it )

1) Shift the Difformis all the way to the left.
2) Shift the lotus to the golden ratio point of your tank, or approx 1/3 of your tank from the left.
3) Plant small clumps of the Cabomba around the lotus ( but in front of the difformis ).

For the right side, I'd plant green plants ( MM? ), with accentuation of those red/green plants ( Ludwgia Arcuata? ).

Probably this pic could help you get your scape. Notice how there seems to be a "line" for the eye to follow from the red plants to the rest of the tank. Note also where the red plant grouping is, and why the rest of the tank is almost all green. I think you need a strong foreground to work this out too.

The above are just my thoughts, I could be totally wrong. Hope I helped you somewhat
Old 20-03-2005, 01:18 AM   #4
dkk08
Arofanatic

Yo ZQ interesting setup, but I dun like the rocks, maybe u shld use the red tiger lotus as centre piece... oh a pc of advice thou... watch out for the 80 Cherry Barbs Versus the shrimps, my 20 Cherry barbs just ate a few green shrimps sighz... now busy catching them (fast darters!) anyway hope to see more pics
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2005, 01:32 AM   #5
bokob1uR
Dragon

nice setup =)
bokob1uR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2005, 02:31 AM   #6
Wild Ginger
Dragon

Hey Zhiqiang, if ya planning to have more additional plants, thn it'd be grt coz ya're clumping ur plants too uniformly unless ya're intending to have a dutch style scaping. Other thn dat, it's good. Maybe ya shld try to have both sides of equivalent structure in leaf shapes, n e middle just those dat ya already have. Thn maybe accentuate it wif smaller bushier plants.

Regards,
Phillip.
Wild Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2005, 12:00 PM   #7
dinosor
Dragon

WOW~!!! AWESOME!!
forget wat's the centre part that plant.. every week must trim a bit .. not tiring ah?
dinosor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #8
ZhiQiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosor
WOW~!!! AWESOME!!
forget wat's the centre part that plant.. every week must trim a bit .. not tiring ah?
water wisteria lo...

very like the plant... light green in colour... my fav plant of all time...
Old 20-03-2005, 02:26 PM   #9
ZhiQiang

noted folks... my very first creation actually, all previously scaped by my bro...

quite satisfied actually... will take in your pointers... next scape will be next CNY liao...
Old 20-03-2005, 04:33 PM   #10
REDDOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhiQiang
noted folks... my very first creation actually, all previously scaped by my bro...

quite satisfied actually... will take in your pointers... next scape will be next CNY liao...
why take u so long to rescape leh .................