Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 15-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #11
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Possible to add some long leaves plants like java ferns or swords to add more green around your wooded area. Tank still looks pretty dark. What lighting are you using?
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 02:52 AM   #12
cherabin
Arofanatic

Filtration via an air-powered foam filter and internal filter? If yes, why not consider a simple HOF? Easier maintenance and better filtration capability IMHO.
cherabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #13
_kai_
Dragon

Im thinking of E tenullus now, i may go and get some tomorrow . No CO2, thus the plant growth will be quite slow .

jon - i think the darkness is due to my camera setting, im using 4 X 24W bulbs, 12000k each. Is it enough? If not i may have to upgrade.

cherbain - yes im using filther sponge, its from an old set up, the internal filther is as well. I wanted to use HOF, i have 2 very good brands for that, but the tank has the ledge on its sides and i cannot hang my filther... I find it is such a waste. One of the HOF is the eheim liberty, has been with me for around 8 years.
_kai_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #14
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kai_ View Post
Im thinking of E tenullus now, i may go and get some tomorrow . No CO2, thus the plant growth will be quite slow .

jon - i think the darkness is due to my camera setting, im using 4 X 24W bulbs, 12000k each. Is it enough? If not i may have to upgrade.

cherbain - yes im using filther sponge, its from an old set up, the internal filther is as well. I wanted to use HOF, i have 2 very good brands for that, but the tank has the ledge on its sides and i cannot hang my filther... I find it is such a waste. One of the HOF is the eheim liberty, has been with me for around 8 years.
Personally, I would prefer Japanese Hair Grass.

Ahhh! Ok, my bad! 4 tubes definitely sounds enough, although I'm not too sure of whether the lumens is correct. Not too savvy with electricity stuff.

From the pic, it looks like HOFs still can be used? Can the return ramp sit properly on the tank edge?
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #15
_kai_
Dragon

I also prefer the jap hairgrass, but i thought of puting the other hairgrass at the back and see how it looks after awhile. I may put the tenulus at the back of the right side or in the spaces of the wood placement where there isnt any plants yet. Im going to seaview later, anyone can recommend plants? Like the tall ones?

Im also hoping my lighting is enough, i really cannot afford anymore lighting if not my mother sure scold, say always buy light hahaha.
Old 15-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #16
_kai_
Dragon

Hi guys, tell me what you think of the tank now .
Got some new plants. Btw, the filther may be able to hang on, but i just scared it fall off the ledge and into the water...
Anyway, here is the FTS,

I added more japonica, that plant in the middle and the big green one at the back. Lol sorry, i really have no idea of their names .
Here's a shot of the japonica, one, if not my favourite aquatic plant.

New plant

Side shot, from left side

Side shot, from right side

Thanks for viewing .