Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 09-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #141
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Nice, Isaac! What's your tank temp like? Am still skeptical if the lamp can work as well at deeper depths. Was thinking of getting some 1W LEDs for 2ft depth. Think there's a particular brand offered on another forum for 4ft at $155. 44W. Was thinking if I should get 2 or 3 sets for the new setup.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #142
Sunday
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
This is my dream set-up! So much moss! To be able to get that combination of wood is just amazing! I've already seen the selection of wood GC has but i just can't imagine the kind of scape i want to be able to choose the correct woods properly.

By the way, this is an extremely noob question but how many hours do you keep your CO2 on?
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #143
Sunday
Dragon

Oh and Isaac, may i know where you get all your ADA products from? My set-up will run on an Eheim 2217 which i'll be getting from C328 tomorrow if time permits but i still haven't settled on media yet. Between Seachem Matrix and ADA Bio Rio, which would you recommend? They're both almost the same price from my recent research.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #144
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Nice, Isaac! What's your tank temp like? Am still skeptical if the lamp can work as well at deeper depths. Was thinking of getting some 1W LEDs for 2ft depth. Think there's a particular brand offered on another forum for 4ft at $155. 44W. Was thinking if I should get 2 or 3 sets for the new setup.
I don't have an accurate measurement right now. But I sm sure that the maximum temperature is 28 degrees.

LEDs are better at greater depths than PL lighting which I won't consider using with a depth greater than 45cm. The most important aspect of purchasing LEDs is the quality of the LEDs. Be sure that you are getting a good quality one bro!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #145
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
This is my dream set-up! So much moss! To be able to get that combination of wood is just amazing! I've already seen the selection of wood GC has but i just can't imagine the kind of scape i want to be able to choose the correct woods properly.

By the way, this is an extremely noob question but how many hours do you keep your CO2 on?

Oh and Isaac, may i know where you get all your ADA products from? My set-up will run on an Eheim 2217 which i'll be getting from C328 tomorrow if time permits but i still haven't settled on media yet. Between Seachem Matrix and ADA Bio Rio, which would you recommend? They're both almost the same price from my recent research.
To be frank bro, that set up can be executed and it is not that difficult to grow moss. But you hit the nail on the head, the hardscape will be essential to the success of that scape. Just take your time to purchase the right pieces of wood and even if it takes months, the end result will be breathtaking.

Thanks for reminding me! I forgot to specify how many hours my CO2 runs. It runs as long as my photo period which is 10 hours daily.

I will PM you on where I get my stuff.

Last edited by JadeIceGreen; 09-08-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #146
JadeIceGreen

We have just crossed the 10,000 milestone. Thanks a lot guys!
For those who have not joined the discussion, please do. The more, the merrier.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #147
darter
Arofanatic

Looking good bro!
darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #148
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by darter View Post
Looking good bro!
Thanks bro! Looking forward to more of your feedback and comments.
How is your aquascape coming alone?
Old 11-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #149
Sunday
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
To be frank bro, that set up can be executed and it is not that difficult to grow moss. But you hit the nail on the head, the hardscape will be essential to the success of that scape. Just take your time to purchase the right pieces of wood and even if it takes months, the end result will be breathtaking.

Thanks for reminding me! I forgot to specify how many hours my CO2 runs. It runs as long as my photo period which is 10 hours daily.

I will PM you on where I get my stuff.
Man! My patience isn't that long. I'm trying my best to hold out for as long as possible to get the best deals on my equipment and slowly do things properly. I still need to buy a CO2 cylinder plus all the accessories. I'm afraid i'll need a solenoid as i'm in camp 5 days a week and can't manually turn it off once the photo period ends. But yes, the hardscape is the most important aspect for me. It'll be months before any Dwarf Corys go in..
Old 12-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #150
kskhonda

i always enjoyed reading ur thread..v informative.