Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-09-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
ethanleow
Dragon
 
ethanleow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,696
Default New 5X2.5X2.5 tank journey

Finally my BTO flat renovation is coming to an end. To save some money after a burnt pocket from my reno, I got myself a 1.5 yr up and running N30 tank. Wanted to get a 6x2.5x2.5 but space is limited therefore have to make do with a 5ft. And here is my journey.

Tank Size: 5x2.5x2.5
Sump size: 4x1.5
1st Compartment media: Wool filter, 15L Mr Aqua CR 3KG Momotaro Rod, 4 GALLON Media Pure 1.5" Sphere, 1 layer of JAP mat

2nd Compartment media: 4x Marine Pure 8x8x4 Block

3rd Compartment media: 4L Seachem Matrix, 5KG Biohome plus

Last Compartment: 2x Marine Pure 8x8x4 Block

Sump Return Pump: Laguna Max flo 2000 [7500L/H]

Day 1 morning Tank delivered and piping set up at new home.


Day 1 evening, Carpenter changes all laminate from black to same theme colour as my shoe cabinet.




Day 3 Lock was added on all 3 doors. Had bad history of my son throwing his toys into the sump tank.
ethanleow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123
 
streetsmart73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,895
Thumbs up

wow! Looking forward to the finished job bro
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #3
ethanleow
Dragon
 
ethanleow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
wow! Looking forward to the finished job bro
Thanks bro. Im very excited too. I really tahan my itch very very very long without touching these stuffs liao during the wait for my new house. haha. Hope to see it up and running.
ethanleow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 03:24 PM   #4
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123
 
streetsmart73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,895
Thumbs up

we all understand the "itchiness" yearning inside.

Simply cannot tahan, right
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 07:34 PM   #5
markuslee
Dragon
 
markuslee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,857
Default

Hi bro, i assume the entrance on the left is ur kitchen? Any problem finding a dining table?

I hv similar area like you and hv stop the fish hobby at my own place. Unless use up one room for fish keeping if not dont hv enough space for a aro tank in the living room.

markuslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 07:51 PM   #6
ethanleow
Dragon
 
ethanleow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuslee View Post
Hi bro, i assume the entrance on the left is ur kitchen? Any problem finding a dining table?

I hv similar area like you and hv stop the fish hobby at my own place. Unless use up one room for fish keeping if not dont hv enough space for a aro tank in the living room.

Bro beside my kitchen entrance has a 6ft space for dining. it was not show in the picture.

The tank is currently in my living [as shown in photo] and its really eating up quite abit of my living space. After sofa, coffee table and tv console, my living is just enough to walk about after all the furniture in. fish room application has been rejected. so too bad
ethanleow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 11:50 PM   #7
WaterChwee
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 182
Default

Nice tank and mind pm me how much u got this tank ?

I am also intending to get a 6ft when I shift house next year as my current 322 tank is too small for my malawis.

Is your tank protrude out from the cabinet as seems to have a gap
WaterChwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 02:30 AM   #8
Aro77
Dragon
 
Aro77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 778
Default

Beautiful Set up bro. looking forward to your updates
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 08:34 AM   #9
markuslee
Dragon
 
markuslee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanleow View Post
Bro beside my kitchen entrance has a 6ft space for dining. it was not show in the picture.

The tank is currently in my living [as shown in photo] and its really eating up quite abit of my living space. After sofa, coffee table and tv console, my living is just enough to walk about after all the furniture in. fish room application has been rejected. so too bad
Pls update again when you complete ur set up. Thks.
markuslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 09:17 AM   #10
ethanleow
Dragon
 
ethanleow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterChwee View Post
Nice tank and mind pm me how much u got this tank ?

I am also intending to get a 6ft when I shift house next year as my current 322 tank is too small for my malawis.

Is your tank protrude out from the cabinet as seems to have a gap
It's not suppose to be protruding. Just yet to push in. Will push in after the reno cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
Beautiful Set up bro. looking forward to your updates
Thanks Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuslee View Post
Pls update again when you complete ur set up. Thks.
Thanks Bro.. Will update.
ethanleow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)