Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 19-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #21
x1243

Quote:
Originally Posted by principal
after seeing the comm from Bros, I started my first comm last Fri with one 13" Gold, one 8" RTG and one 8" Silver aro, with 3 BP in a 4 ft tank.
Initiately when I put them together, they seem to be ok , swimming side by side happily. After after a while, the big aro keep attaching the two small aro which resulted my RTG and green , scale keep dropping. As i did not want to give up at the point of time, I switch off all the lights for the tank and become total darkness. and I realised that aggreesiveness is not so worst. But once a which I still can hear the water trembling sound, tat means tat the big aro still attackinging the two small aro.

So on sat morning, this two aros had been removed and put one side and deside to bring back to office for the third comm. One gold with 3 silver and one RTG. Hope it will works with more aros in a tank.
Here are a few things you might consider trying to get ur comm tank to work. 1) Get more aros around the same size. Might consider some silvers because they grow quite fast and are also less aggressive.. (supposedly anyway)
2) Adding something to create a force in the water.. powerhead.. wave generator.. a strong water flow to reduce tension and also distract them.
3) Adding other tank mates.. Fast moving ones.. such as tin foil barbs..
Old 19-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #22
principal

Bad new, RTG send in ICu, need to quarantine b4 kanna whacked to dead, now left with 3 silver and the gold.....
Old 19-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #23
principal

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1243
Here are a few things you might consider trying to get ur comm tank to work. 1) Get more aros around the same size. Might consider some silvers because they grow quite fast and are also less aggressive.. (supposedly anyway)
2) Adding something to create a force in the water.. powerhead.. wave generator.. a strong water flow to reduce tension and also distract them.
3) Adding other tank mates.. Fast moving ones.. such as tin foil barbs..

alrady put in a powerhead, and some plant to take cover, all together is 5 aros in tank, one 13" and the rst abt 8 - 9". But seem like the 13" gold always attack the RTG, now jus to quarantine the RTG liao...
Old 19-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #24
Voltron2000
Arofanatic

Quote:
Bad new, RTG send in ICu, need to quarantine b4 kanna whacked to dead, now left with 3 silver and the gold.....
sad to hear this. hope your rtg comes good. So you know who is/are the culprit of your rtg's condition?
Voltron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2005, 05:14 PM   #25
principal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron2000
sad to hear this. hope your rtg comes good. So you know who is/are the culprit of your rtg's condition?
yup the big bully very aggresive, whack my RTG till lots of scale drop...so sad, but at least it survive. Wonder why it onli whack the RTG???
Old 19-09-2005, 05:19 PM   #26
Aroboy II
AFC Member

Quote:
yup the big bully very aggresive, whack my RTG till lots of scale drop...so sad, but at least it survive. Wonder why it onli whack the RTG???
Your alpha aro whack your RTG cos it pose a threat to him or who knows is your RTG who initiate the fight?
Aroboy II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2005, 05:24 PM   #27
principal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroboy II
Your alpha aro whack your RTG cos it pose a threat to him or who knows is your RTG who initiate the fight?
In fact this RTG is not aggresive at all(cos I been watching since the comm start) . Even it was put in together with the ST or silver, all stay in peace.
Old 19-09-2005, 05:25 PM   #28
betta78

keep us update on ur new comm.
Old 19-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #29
principal

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta78
keep us update on ur new comm.
Hope the comm will work out like your, hand in hand, swim together,,...
Old 19-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #30
Voltron2000
Arofanatic

Quote:
How about lights? Do the fights occur when you off the lights?

Got to second bro Aroboy II. Could it be the RTG who initiated it.

Cheers
Voltron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote