Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 24-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #51
muser
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by muser View Post
Can any bro or sis please advise me the full name of the genesis anti chloramine one? or link to a pic? I wanna switch to genesis after my current bio stress guard finish... thanks...
just to contribute...i have went to the khatib Blk 600++ aquarium shop and found genesis in the form of small, flattented translucent bottle. The wordings on the front label is:

AP AQUARIUM PRODUCTS

GENESIS

and the contents are a pale green-yellow translucent liquid.
i wonder how many drops to 1 red pail of tap water...
muser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #52
jaicharu26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AroLeong View Post
Hi Tiggy,
Azoo arowana live water is more of a water conditioner than a anti-chlorine.
While it also removes the residual chlorine it is not best at doing so. I recommend using it as a additional product for TLC purposes and using more specific ac to treat the water as the risk of chlorine poisoning is there if you use only the water conditioner.

Hope this helps.
Hi, I am using Pet Fram relief coat. Is this considered as water conditioner? It also claim to neutralize chlorine,chlormine and and heavy metals.

Also, after reading earlier posts, look like it's not enough as i have not got rid of chloromine's biproduct of ammonia

Last edited by jaicharu26; 21-10-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: for better rephrasing
Old 01-11-2010, 02:08 AM   #53
muser
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaicharu26 View Post
Hi, I am using Pet Fram relief coat. Is this considered as water conditioner? It also claim to neutralize chlorine,chlormine and and heavy metals.

Also, after reading earlier posts, look like it's not enough as i have not got rid of chloromine's biproduct of ammonia
alternatively just continue using wad ur using and perhaps install a moving media filter that's geared to eat up all ammonia. u can look at the other sticky thread
Old 04-11-2010, 12:48 AM   #54
jaicharu26

Thanks....the media filter you talking about is the DIY type izit? quite interesting. feel like trying..but a little ugly though.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:03 AM   #55
muser
Dragon

Quote:
Thanks....the media filter you talking about is the DIY type izit? quite interesting. feel like trying..but a little ugly though.
beauty is subjective my fellow hobbyist

if you dun agree with it in plain sight, perhaps try masking with plants, or placing such a compartment into your filter itself, instead of inside the tank.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #56
jaicharu26

hmmm...can place in the filter ah?...must try it out then!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #57
muser
Dragon

Quote:
hmmm...can place in the filter ah?...must try it out then!
yesh can one. search youtube for moving bed filter, one of the vids show it in operation in the sump
Old 26-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #58
nowhereman
Arofanatic

I find this web page informative.
Especially the table whereby they do the comparision and reccomend the brands to use based on our needs...

http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/rev-cond.htm
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #59
finclk
Dragon

this has to be updated given the new brands out in the market like Petfran multi coat, ultimate coat
finclk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #60
.S1
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydher View Post
how would we know? we are not a scientist. Chloramines levels may differ as much as the composition of your conditioner over different times and brands. So how much is enough? Too subjective to be discussed. No definite answers, just experiences with different brands. Dun have to be too scientific about it as many fish can tolerate some levels and over time due to ageing and dilution the levels will drop. Just follow the labels and monitor your fish. If possible, invest in a kit to check for the levels of chloramine and other parameters for valued or expensive fish. Direct your efforts to other parameters like food, not too drastic water change, stress from traffic n other fishes disturbing it.

fyi, many are overdosing on prime(a conditioner brand) on aro tanks. From my exp, bros who drop prime on e fins of long tailed fighting fishes, notices a hole in the tail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalllfish View Post
we should oso take note that the concentration of chlorine n chloramine in the tap water is different for different countries. the dosage recommended by the product is only relevant for the country of the source of the product.
Yo All,

From the URL http://www.epa.gov/region9/water/chloramine.html The use of chlorine and chloramines is also regulated by the USEPA a
Maimum Residual Disinfectant Level (MRDL) of 4.0 mg/L or 4.0 ppm was established by USEPA as the enforceable maximum safety level for chloramines (measured as chlorine,Cl2) for public water systems under the Safe Drinking Water Act, and the level below 4 ppm which there is no known or expected risk to health.

Therefore for a start, we can safely assume that the PUB tap water in SG most probably will not exceed 4 ppm as there will be risk to human health.

Cheers,
S1
.S1 is offline   Reply With Quote