Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Arcadia Products

Old 27-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #11
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuoyuting View Post
Hi Paul...

Could you attach the link regarding the golden crown lamp.

Thank you.

You mention the UV rays will disintergrate the plastic, if we are using 24/7 what the expected life span before the plastic start to crack?
Cause it very dangerous once water slip in, it would cause a electrical shock all of our fishing will go up heaven ya.
So we need to take note

If we hang outside the tank example the thickness of the glasses is 12mm , the effectiveness of the UV rays transmitted to the aro will be cut down by how much?
Hi
First below is the Arowana web page and I've had pictures of the lamps added so you see the colours.
It is very difficult to say how long the plastic sleeve will last before it becomes weaker but based on the fact there is no UV-C, which is the radiation that causes most trouble, I am only guessing that changing the sleeve every second time you replace the lamp would be ok and in any case it will probably not leak if it is not moved. The lamp needs to be in the aquarium as the distance UV can travel in water is not high, but through glass, even low iron glass, is negligible. There is little risk of harm to the fish if the sleeve does leak as the voltage on the lamp is quite low as is the current and in any case, provided the aquarium water is not earthed there will be no path for the current. Obviously you should turn off the lamp before attempting to move, reposition or remove it.
Hope this helps
Paul

http://www.arcadia-aquatic.com/arowana-t8-lamp/
Arcadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #12
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Thanks, bro. i'm also considering getting 2 of the 4ft ones.

Hi, Paul, just to re-affirm, the UV that is emitted by these tanning lights are harmless for casual viewing? Asking as my tank is a clear 3-side viewing setup. Intending to place 1 tube on each of the length-wise span of the tank.

In addition, the double T8 Lamp Controller serves as an on/off switch for the Arowana Lighting sets? Can the Dimmable Controller be used in place of the T8 controller?
Hi
Hopefully you will be installing the lamps inside the aquarium, in which case the UV-A and UV-B will not penetrate the glass of the aquariums and will dissipate rapidly in the water. I wouldn't think that direct viewing of the lamp would be a good idea, but I don't think it would be harmful in the short term.
Remember to allow the fish to be able to escape the lighting as it would in nature so do not 'fill' the aquarium sides with lamps but keep them to a proportion of the tank

Yes the double T8 controller can be used with Arowana lamps if you are buying them as separate items and yes the switch will control both lamps. If you buy the Arowana lighting set it has the control gear with it. The dimming controller is for use with our LED luminaires, not with fluorescents

Hope this helps

Paul
Old 27-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #13
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenza View Post
Hi Paul. I checked with c328 and qh. Currently there's no stock for 4ft red tanning light. May I know when is the next available stocks? Pls advice.
Sorry for the delay
I can't advise you on stock positions in Singapore I'm afraid, but suggest you contact:
Qian Hu Corporation Limited
(Yi Hu Aquarium Accessories Division)
No.71 Jalan Lekar Singapore 698950
DID (65) 67661524/1549 Mobile (65) 92780800 FB
They will know what they have on order and when it is likely to be in stock

Paul
Old 27-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #14
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonafanatic View Post
Any advise on this Paul ?
Hi
No, this is definitely not a good idea!
The Arcadia D3 lamp has a mixture of phosphors of which around half produce the colours we have in our Original Tropical lamp. These are centred on the red/blue spectrum required for photosynthesis in a planted aquarium and will encourage algae growth as well as distorting the colours. The Arowana lamp is designed for optimum tanning and any increase in radiation levels, unless the aquarium allows the animal to escape the radiation is not a good thing.

Paul
Old 30-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #15
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
hi paul my tank is 5 feet
what is the length if the arowana tanning t8 light i can use?
regards
Hi Thor

Personally I would use the 36" unit as this gives the fish the opportunity to move in and out of the lit area as it sees fit. I'm sure these animals have similar levels of intelligence to reptiles and we know they know when they've had enough heat or light!

Paul
Old 30-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #16
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenshix2209 View Post
Hi Paul can i insert the arcadia reflector into the arcadia arowana tanning lightset. where can i get it in singapore and how much is it? thank you.
Hi Xenshix

The tanning light set includes a 'reflector' which is a white section of the tubes that acts as a reflector. If you are referring to an aluminium reflector such as that listed on the website it might help if the lamp is mounted over the tank and out of the water but I believe it really is not necessary in that mode and certainly not when the lamp is submerged so I would forget it!

Our distributor for Singapore is:
DID (65) 67661524/1549 Mobile (65) 92780800 FB

and I suggest you contact them for stock and prices if you want the reflector.

Hope this helps

Paul
Old 20-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #17
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
since now going into more higher tech, and more and more going into LEDs.

acradia got any plans to go into tanning LEDs? should be v popular....
Hi Vitor
The difficulty at the moment is getting LEDs that emit UV light. Some say they do but they don't and some say they do but die after a couple of weeks and don't really emit anything anyway!
However, there are a number of companies trying to produce IR emitting LEDs and as soon as a good, reliable and economic product comes on to the OEM market Arcadia will certainly be looking at renewing the tanning lamp with an LED version - but don't hold your breath!!

Paul
Old 01-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #18
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juracule View Post
Hi Sire,

My Holder Clip for holding the light has spoil may i know where can i buy the holder clip?

Best Regards
Desmond
Hi Juracule
Our distributor for Singapore is:
DID (65) 67661524/1549
I'm sure that if they do not have them in stock they can obtain one for you fairly quickly
I hope this helps
Paul
Old 07-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #19
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryow7691 View Post
just want to know is the gold tanning light can used for red too
Hi Henryow

There is no reason why you shouldn't use the gold lamp with a red fish. Although it will not be as efficient it will still emit UV but just not exactly the same wavelength as the red lamp.

Paul
Old 07-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #20
Zhuoyuting
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
Hi Vitor
The difficulty at the moment is getting LEDs that emit UV light. Some say they do but they don't and some say they do but die after a couple of weeks and don't really emit anything anyway!
However, there are a number of companies trying to produce IR emitting LEDs and as soon as a good, reliable and economic product comes on to the OEM market Arcadia will certainly be looking at renewing the tanning lamp with an LED version - but don't hold your breath!!

Paul
Thanks Paul,

I will be looking forward regarding LED that are able to emit UV light.
Due to the cost of living in SG having a LED model would help hobbies like us who turn on tanning light on a 24/7 basics.
Save electricity longer life time.

Cheers.
Zhuoyuting is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30watt 36", 36watt 48", arcadia, arowana lamp, arowana lamp set, colour development, goldencrown arowana light, natural exposure, red arowana light, reflector, u-v, uv transmissive tube, uv-a, uv-b