Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Marketplace - Non-Pet Goods and Services

Old 10-06-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
satan_gal
Dragon

Default Diatomaceous earth (Food Grade)

0.5kg - $8
1 kg - $15

Pick up at Punggol on weekday nights after 8.30pm.

Origin : China - I taobao-ed

Tried and tested :

Ticks - BB ticks dead after a night as per 1 tester. Mama ticks takes longer - 2 mths thereabouts. But dehydrated and hard as rock. Mama tick had laid eggs as she lay dying and upside down in container, unable to move. Eggs been laid for over 2 mths coated with DE in container alongside dead mama... no sign of movements yet.

Bed bugs - For some unknown reasons, there seem to be bedbug infestation in SG. So far those who bought say worked pretty much ok on the damn critters.

Fish Tank : I used SOME in a lousy attempt to kill off the drain flies tat was breedin in tank. Failed horribily coz it doesn't work in water. However spreadin it on walls/ceiling of the cab and i did see quite a fair bit of dead flies. (But they breed faster den they die)

Do note : You should always use with other stuff. In my observations (oh yeah, I'm the saddist person who catches insects to perform sick observations) - DE mainly kills these pests by dehydration. the more water the insect has, the faster they shrivel up and die.

For mama tick, she was trigger to lay eggs - maybe coz she know she was dying, must lay her eggs just before she die (some sort of last attempt to procreate, I guess)

So, it dun mean u can be lazy. Just an alternative to riddin the pests.

It's dehydratin on hands too. Yup, lazy me was handling it bare handed.

The whole lot is placed right beside my dogs' food bowl. I tried on plants but it proved too dehydratin on the plants so I scrapped tat idea. the dogs eat my plant leaves for fun. And I've been breathin in tat stuff since i got it.

I will NOT recommend for direct consumption unless u get a doc to give u the correct dosage or something.

Interested pls PM me.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote