Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 30-06-2008, 02:29 PM   #21
NigelN

I've seen people catching crayfish at Kranji reservoir. They tie a piece of meat to a stick and throw it into the water. Near the bank will do. With a net on standby, they wait and tug gently at the bait once in a while. Once there is tension they slowly pull in the meat and once you can see the crayfish, you swipe him with your net. It helps to have a big net and to swipe him from behind (since they rocket backwards when they get chua tio). I heard people are doing this at Bedok reservoir too. Anyone want to try? I stay near Bedok.

Note that fishing with live/organic bait is prohibited in most reservoirs. Actually it's all reservoirs right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

C328 has this really nice black lobster with red trim, it's like a deep cherry red. If you are into guitars, it's a cherry sunburst pattern. Located near the crabs that are sold in soap boxes, it's in a huge square tupperware. Be warned, this bugger is itching to pinch.

Anyone know where to buy those blue lobsters that are a bright blue? A common name is the Electric Blue Lobster.

Old 30-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #22
Jivarus

Not sure if you're referring to the Orange Tips or the Red Bricks, but any of them are pretty la...

Looking for a male rainbow now...

Blue Marrons (Cherax Tenuimanus) can be bought a fish farms, because they have cooler water compared to shops, so you can find them at farms instead, although occasionally C328 will take in 2 to 3 of them.

Last edited by Jivarus; 30-06-2008 at 03:40 PM.

Old 30-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #23
dnsfpl
Dragon

went qian hu ytd
got tons of electric blue lobster

going down to c328 today to grab a male white
Old 30-06-2008, 03:51 PM   #24
Jivarus

Default Price On Hoa Creeks

Anyone here got buy Hoa Creeks before?

Would like to know how much one cost around, I'm estimating $30? (Hope can get at this price, because they're known to be damn rare and expensive... )

Old 30-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #25
HeiBee

c328
whites
orange(1 of them is really orange)
Orange tip
Red brick
hoa creek $14 (not sure, blue claw with white and the body got pink)
zebra
common red
common blue

I not keeping cray for now, need set up another tank for somethig else.

Old 30-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #26
NigelN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivarus View Post
Not sure if you're referring to the Orange Tips or the Red Bricks, but any of them are pretty la...

Looking for a male rainbow now...

Blue Marrons (Cherax Tenuimanus) can be bought a fish farms, because they have cooler water compared to shops, so you can find them at farms instead, although occasionally C328 will take in 2 to 3 of them.
Hi bro, your male rainbow = zebra eh? There is a shop near roxy square I that has a few zebras. I bought one yest, a female. colouration is good.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:19 AM   #27
Jivarus

Er... No I was referring to the Hoa Creek, the one that has purplish pink on its body and light blue claws and legs...

You sure got so cheap or not? I got see before at Qian Hu when I not so crazy about crayfishes, they were selling like $35 for one, and the size is small one leh!

Old 01-07-2008, 12:22 AM   #28
Gus
Dragon

I'm looking for a pair of eletric blue anyone had any idea where can get a nice pair??????
Old 01-07-2008, 12:22 AM   #29
dnsfpl
Dragon

got my boy from c328

atm isolate the female for a night
hope the male will get familiarize with the tank
Old 01-07-2008, 12:25 AM   #30
Jivarus

Great! Hope that this time they get along nicely, remember to check their activity level when you switch off the lights after removing the isolation tank...

Closed Thread