Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2007, 01:22 AM   #21
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon
 
foreverfrontosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaNgS_RuLe View Post
to tell you the truth i have no experience with sumbus, but i guess it wouldn be good to comm them wif larger altos unless they are equal in size.
I have some yellow comps now, and am feeding them tubifex worm this 2 days, you think it's alright? Coz i can see them very fat now, sure are slow growers haha...
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:40 AM   #22
TaNgS_RuLe
Dragon
 
TaNgS_RuLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverfrontosa View Post
I have some yellow comps now, and am feeding them tubifex worm this 2 days, you think it's alright? Coz i can see them very fat now, sure are slow growers haha...
haha actually im quite against tubifex worms. not too good for fish i believe, anyway quite tiring to buy them regularly. ill go for frozen foods, like mysis.
TaNgS_RuLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #23
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon
 
foreverfrontosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaNgS_RuLe View Post
haha actually im quite against tubifex worms. not too good for fish i believe, anyway quite tiring to buy them regularly. ill go for frozen foods, like mysis.
Oh ok, will let mine have those then, thnx. Btw what else do you feed them with?
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:51 AM   #24
TaNgS_RuLe
Dragon
 
TaNgS_RuLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 776
Default

all my younger comps eat nls growth and random crushed up pellets.

the larger ones also get frozen prawns, as do the adults.
TaNgS_RuLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:56 AM   #25
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon
 
foreverfrontosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaNgS_RuLe View Post
all my younger comps eat nls growth and random crushed up pellets.

the larger ones also get frozen prawns, as do the adults.
Frozen prawns as in sliced up market prawns?
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:01 AM   #26
TaNgS_RuLe
Dragon
 
TaNgS_RuLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverfrontosa View Post
Frozen prawns as in sliced up market prawns?
yup thats right, the ones around 2 inches love them, and some of my adults eat exclusively MPs, and refuse to take pellets.
TaNgS_RuLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:09 AM   #27
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon
 
foreverfrontosa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaNgS_RuLe View Post
yup thats right, the ones around 2 inches love them, and some of my adults eat exclusively MPs, and refuse to take pellets.
Won't that be a headache for you? Do you wash them up after slice or just throw in? Coz i believe MPs clouds water
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:12 AM   #28
TaNgS_RuLe
Dragon
 
TaNgS_RuLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverfrontosa View Post
Won't that be a headache for you? Do you wash them up after slice or just throw in? Coz i believe MPs clouds water
yea... i take like 45 mins to feed my fish... haha

i cut them up to feed.

yes it clouds up the water, but i feed abit to each tank and dump the rest into only one tank which has a good filtration system, so far no problems.
TaNgS_RuLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)