Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 18-08-2004, 01:04 PM   #61
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamt
of course they still have but it will be a long process before we are able to see those golden fries. I believe some of the farm is already selecting those gold for breeding liao
that's good news man. hope to see them in lfs soon. how long do you reckon will we get to see.

btw, i saw some xb labeled as 24k at c328 sometime back. are those pure gold too?
Old 18-08-2004, 01:06 PM   #62
jack lee
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong
Which pic you referring to? The first pic lah. Not the second one. Your quite common means you see it commonly izzit? Where to see ? I want to buy like that one in the first pic. One batch gold gold...not lines type.

yes ..i have seen it..not gold lines but gold patch on the head....pm mi..if you wan to kw ware..
Old 18-08-2004, 01:08 PM   #63
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRTG
that's good news man. hope to see them in lfs soon. how long do you reckon will we get to see.

btw, i saw some xb labeled as 24k at c328 sometime back. are those pure gold too?
bro,

generally I don't like to give comments direct to farms or LFS cos it's a public forum, it will deem as bias or supporting that particular organisation. paiseh hor
Old 18-08-2004, 01:08 PM   #64
williamt
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack lee
yes ..i have seen it..not gold lines but gold patch on the head....pm mi..if you wan to kw ware..
sms me also, cos I am logging off liao
Old 18-08-2004, 01:10 PM   #65
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
bro,

generally I don't like to give comments direct to farms or LFS cos it's a public forum, it will deem as bias or supporting that particular organisation. paiseh hor
eh bro.......not asking you to comment on farms leh. just a general discussion only. jus asking if those 24k xb, you considered as gold cos i really don't know. if you think it would be offeding, just pm me.
Old 18-08-2004, 01:10 PM   #66
jack lee
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Nowadays farm normally keep xback in white fibre tank to let it cross 1st, after crossing they will select those with better base colour & shine plus good body shape to determine the grade of xback, better grade will still cost more and so on.

Gold Head aro got but still rare, not those that got gold lines but those truely gold with huge patch type on the head are hard to come by. Even nowadays looking for a pure gold is already that difficult not to mentioned gold head.

Any bros here got see a pure gold let me know

nowadays farms keep the good 1s for future breedings..i kw 1 group keep this tpye for future breeding..ask them to sell..dun wan..
Old 18-08-2004, 01:12 PM   #67
jack lee
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
heehee...cos if I am not wrong these Full Gold (real ones) are considered Pure Breed Gold and most of these already take aeroplane to Japan before the craze for Blue Based XB and since the craze, they are classed as lower grade and mixed to cross breed...the genes no longer pure now...Come to F3 and below where to find Pure Gold ??

u be surprise the big buyer are not the japs noe..
Old 18-08-2004, 01:48 PM   #68
fong
Dragon

Common boh? How come many of us say not common but you say common leh? I seen one before but sold liao at telok blangah rise at common price. Where else have? Let us know where leh or can pm me ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack lee
Old 18-08-2004, 01:55 PM   #69
fong
Dragon

Let me share with you some pic from bro Vic. I was with Vic when this piece was bought.

When young, very intense colour. When it gets older, color faded. What does this tell you? Not accurate by color. Go for higher crossing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRTG
eh....... you determine the price of the fish by the crossing when buying. i determine the price by the shine intensity when buying. so you're rite. people determine the price....but not all determine the price by the crossing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vic young.jpg (42.8 KB, 634 views)
File Type: jpg vic ad.jpg (45.2 KB, 633 views)
Old 18-08-2004, 02:01 PM   #70
jack lee
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong
Common boh? How come many of us say not common but you say common leh? I seen one before but sold liao at telok blangah rise at common price. Where else have? Let us know where leh or can pm me ?

the few lines at the head..common...yes..but the 1 patch 1s r not common..the 1 i onli seen once and not many is the whole head with the patch of gold..