Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 29-09-2004, 01:36 PM   #31
aro930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
Yes, most the so call "Real red" got thin frame and their development is rather slow but there are cases that they develop faster. I mean the clour.

Zoff have posted afew picture of a normal red development!
Bro, when do you mean by 'thin frame' ??
I am still trying to 'catch' the definition.
Still new to this hobby & bit of 'blur blur' ..

Old 29-09-2004, 01:51 PM   #32
prodrive

Good topic... hope to learn more from the real Mccoys.

Anyway, on the tpoic of fading, I notice my red can be deep orange for 3/4s of a month and colour fade to very light orange in the balance 1/4 of the month. This can happen on an ongoing basis (somewhat like a roller coaster ride). So is this part of the development cycle? Or is it just due to poor water management? Please advise. Thanks.

Old 29-09-2004, 03:27 PM   #33
Vil

Thanks for the information sharing.

Got another question, heard that there are some 'good' red that don't fade easily and some reds that fade easily (and time to come back varies) when subjected to transferring/changes in environment or other factors.

Besides genes, does it indicate much abt the stages of development or health of the aro?

Old 29-09-2004, 03:29 PM   #34
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by widjajas
Tea...from your experience, can share a few things with us:
1. when do they start turning from no-colour to yellowish?
2. yellowish to deep-orange
3. and deep-orange to red.

assuming the fish turns red and normal development.

Thanks boss Tea
1) It depend, same batch of red can have difference in development. Lets say 9"-13" u should have cheek colour showing! But some may show development earlier at 7-8".
2) From 13"-18" provided u have the correct environment.
3) 19"-26".

Note:It depend on alot of factor like genes, water management, lighting, filter and love.
Old 29-09-2004, 04:00 PM   #35
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
Bro,

I dont get your question?
But i believe there will be a difference in shape,size and coloration in upp and low river that the reds are staying.

It is rather hard to maintain water parameters at ph4 bro! Why dont u settle at 5-6?
Sorry maybe my question abit vague...wat I mean is tat there are different portions of the Kapaus river which produces different reds probably the water conditions at the different parts stipulates the coloration?

of cos the water flow and other factors such as the maximum water body will also affect the body shape and such

currently my Red Comm is maintain between 5.2 - 5.5 max

pushing it to PH 4 is to test one theory taught to me by one Indo frenz...I somehow cannot get the right mix of components to push the PH into 4 (maybe must remove buffering - down KH so tat my PH can go below 5)

Old 29-09-2004, 04:15 PM   #36
Peat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
Sorry maybe my question abit vague...wat I mean is tat there are different portions of the Kapaus river which produces different reds probably the water conditions at the different parts stipulates the coloration?

of cos the water flow and other factors such as the maximum water body will also affect the body shape and such

pushing it to PH 4 is to test one theory taught to me by one Indo frenz...I somehow cannot get the right mix of components to push the PH into 4 (maybe must remove buffering - down KH so tat my PH can go below 5)
How you keep BB alive at 5.2 - 5.5 PH ? as for the PH 4 objective, wun the BB be long dead ? Thanks for sharing.

Old 29-09-2004, 04:24 PM   #37
prodrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru

Maybe you can try prolonging your water change or feeding more if you want to achieve a PH below 4. But may I ask what is the reason of the low PH? Cos for me I notice that appetied decreases when the PH drops too low. My PH fluctuates between 5 - 5.9, 6.

Cheers!

Old 29-09-2004, 04:29 PM   #38
TOM32
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
Only older ppl will know the usage of pineapple skin! heeheee... like me! So dont throw pass it to me when u eat pineapple rice!
Hello Sifu
Ya, older people like me.
I have many pineapple skin in my new pond. Can spare some for you if you want.

regards
Old 29-09-2004, 04:33 PM   #39
widjajas
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
1) It depend, same batch of red can have difference in development. Lets say 9"-13" u should have cheek colour showing! But some may show development earlier at 7-8".
2) From 13"-18" provided u have the correct environment.
3) 19"-26".

Note:It depend on alot of factor like genes, water management, lighting, filter and love.
Great info...thanks!

genes, water management, lighting, filter and love....how many percent each?
genes (50%)
water (20%)
filter (10%)
love (10%)
food (10%) ?

Old 29-09-2004, 04:43 PM   #40
prodrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by widjajas
Great info...thanks!

genes, water management, lighting, filter and love....how many percent each?
genes (50%)
water (20%)
filter (10%)
love (10%)
food (10%) ?

I like the love part! At least from seeing his aros now I know that our Mr Tea is a person who's full of love.