Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 19-05-2016, 01:41 PM   #221
LauLanChu
Dragon

The saga of CSJ and CST boils down to different ideology of what system works. CSJ from what I know is very strong towards democracy and wants to drive towards this extreme. CST is more of a rule abiding law and order who follow the line of power. Therefore a clash of belief and one mountain cannot have 2 tigers one person got to go. This results in personal hatred and long standing feud between them. Unfortunately it is known that SDP is formed by CST and later becomes of CSJ looks like the former has been ousted. Whatever the vote of confidence and resignation reason is always 2 sided coin.
Whether SDP under the rule of CSJ or CST is better is for us to see. CSJ which is very strong in character may be good in some ways but may not be for the party after all. Probably he needs to review and be more accommodative to others idea, not just his own view and belief and others are just follower. That's what I think good for him to proceed on. No more pushing for Democracy at all cost.
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 03:29 PM   #222
globalcookie
Dragon

This CSJ and CST fad is like LTK and JBJ in a sense. Just that the main side has e chance to take their swing at CSJ more than LTK. After all, WP is not a big threat in parliament (in the way they debate), while CSJ is too strong. They have to stop him from going into parliament before he creates dents in their one-sided policy making.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #223
LauLanChu
Dragon

Yes, CSJ is a more extreme type of politician. Can be good or bad, good in challenging and driving issue across, bad for he only allow his ways and views. If he is in parliament we might see Taiwan politics scene shown here. CST who brought him into SDP knows him too well, and perhaps his greatest regrets of having him, causing SDP to self destruct. SDP was once touted as PAP greatest threat under CST leadership having won a few single seat wards during the PAP dominant, now is history.
CSJ probably has realized his style not well accepted here and tried mellow down recently, but his past keeps coming back to haunt him. He tried to explain but I think is better to save his breath, as the saying the more you explain the more you get implicated. For SDP sick I think is better for him to step aside to back scene, let some able body to take over the leadership, and restart from basic. The next generation may be more forgiving and start accepting SDP (not CSJ) ideology which is pretty good.
Old 19-05-2016, 08:27 PM   #224
loveikan
Arofanatic

Not siding anyone.

My take is a question of whether it was a gd time to make his points across after his lost in the by election and being attacks during the campaign period towards the same election.

But having said so, just WHEN will be a good time? Very hard to answer.

For both CST and CSJ, whoever can provide the proper documents on what being said and had transpired during their meetings, will be beneficial to the individual and also settled the matter once and for all. No worry even if the case will be brought up again in future esp in the next election by CSJ.

Till date i do not see any rebuke from CST side abt CSJ latest salvo.
Maybe they are planning to do so after they gather their proof

But one thing for sure is, really sad to see them pointing their barrels at one another.
Would it be more beneficial for both of them to bury the hatchet and merged as one party with CST at the helm than to wash the dirty linen in public?

Easier for me to say definitely.

Last edited by loveikan; 19-05-2016 at 08:28 PM.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 09:34 PM   #225
DinOBeeR
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
unfortunate?
he was the one being attacked ma, not the party per se
dont think logical for him to be defending party in this case
well said, can't agree more.....

If we were in CSJ's shoe, are we not doing the same too to defence ourselves?

Be that as it may, CSJ yet choose to hold on it for the past 23 years. On the contrary, who keep on shamelessly harping, stirring & mudslinging for the past 23 years to rack up political point?

To kick a person when he is down is no gentlemen. Enough said, we know who....period.

Cheers & YpeaceY

Last edited by DinOBeeR; 19-05-2016 at 09:36 PM.
DinOBeeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 10:23 AM   #226
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu View Post
...bad for he only allow his ways and views. If he is in parliament we might see Taiwan politics scene shown here.

SDP was once touted as PAP greatest threat under CST leadership having won a few single seat wards during the PAP dominant, now is history.

CSJ probably has realized his style not well accepted here and tried mellow down recently

The next generation may be more forgiving and start accepting SDP (not CSJ) ideology which is pretty good.
That's ur POV. I see it alternatively
- I don't see him as only allowing his own ways and views nor do I think Taiwan politic scene is CSJ's style.
- JBJ was the first to break the PAP grip on parliament when he won Anson BE.
- CST also history, even if he is still in SDP, or not, he has lost 2 GEs.
- CSJ mellowed, well I don't see it as not accepted by the voters but because the American democracy is not the limited democracy here in SG. CSJ is facing the whole PAP and the MSM.
- I don't see next generation being more forgiving. That sounds like this current lot of voters are myopic. There are 38.79% in Bt Batok who voted for CSJ, is that not accepting him? Than what are these 38.79%?

If we see things objectively, we see the good and bad of each side, than be prejudice.
Old 20-05-2016, 01:41 PM   #227
LauLanChu
Dragon

Put things objectively based on data. Comparing WP and SDP. In the more recent election WP is able to garner vote of around 40% and SDP only able on 20%. The reason behind is clear, there is some dislike element of SDP after CST left. The glory and heyday of SDP is gone, though SDP is once better performer than WP, though a shorter party history.

Also on CSJ explanation of his feud and misunderstanding with CST. Do we see it being make as CST is the unreasonable one that do not want to recouncil even after many attempts? CST is old and unwell and only relying on his wife to put up statement and now we expect them to come out to clarify? Having once hurt and injured badly and now be open to accept apology or what? Depends how you see the video, all politics wayang. Better that way if he issue an apology letter to CST and close the case. He still think he has done nothing wrong, but people have eyes to see.
Old 20-05-2016, 06:48 PM   #228
globalcookie
Dragon

It's perception vs perception. We are not in CSJ or CST exact situation to know right or wrong to judge (have eyes to see) except based on what we read here and there and start to take sides. Would that be the truth?

I'll leave it as that.