Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 25-02-2005, 01:22 AM   #51
fong
Dragon

this type of coverage very good liao.... if i am not wrong, this piece was once a winner in aquarama... but did not win the previous one. A fully covered gold piece is an ideal state. So hard or maybe impossible to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bert
but some scales on lvl 3 and 4 not fully covered leh!

Btw, any pic on a gold based xback?
Old 25-02-2005, 01:24 AM   #52
R0bert
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong
this type of coverage very good liao.... if i am not wrong, this piece was once a winner in aquarama... but did not win the previous one. A fully covered gold piece is an ideal state. So hard or maybe impossible to find.
Is it the Champion in Aquarama 2001?
Old 25-02-2005, 01:31 AM   #53
fong
Dragon

No.. sorry... 3rd prize FoodAgri .. here is the pic then... hope i didn't mistaken this fish as the other one... but they look the same ...

Quote:
Is it the Champion in Aquarama 2001?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111.jpg (26.4 KB, 706 views)
Old 25-02-2005, 01:34 AM   #54
R0bert
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
No.. sorry... 3rd prize FoodAgri .. here is the pic then... hope i didn't mistaken this fish as the other one... but they look the same ...
This pic tt u attached, full gold or gold based. Very confuse leh. Like you say, both pic look the same to me
Old 25-02-2005, 01:41 AM   #55
fong
Dragon

This is a full gold aro,... a full gold aro has to be gold based also. They are the same fish i guess. The first pic is taken 2003 and the later 2001.

The real fish gold coverage % very high.

Quote:
This pic tt u attached, full gold or gold based. Very confuse leh. Like you say, both pic look the same to me
Old 25-02-2005, 01:52 AM   #56
fong
Dragon

An eventual gold based aro... See the difference? A gold based aro may become a full gold.

QUOTE=R0bert]but some scales on lvl 3 and 4 not fully covered leh!

Btw, any pic on a gold based xback?[/QUOTE]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g base.jpg (34.5 KB, 749 views)
Old 25-02-2005, 03:23 AM   #57
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Bro Vic,

Do you choose to believe what the magazine tells you about thick and thin frame.. about chilli red blood red... so your logic is based on what these people tell you?.
I always read books and magazine with a pinch of salt and a open mind....but at least I don't invent new theories ... this is the 1st time I have come across such claim!

FYI its not my theory....everything that I have stated are discussed and written in books many many years already. e.g. Ever changing of Asian Aro and Legend I & II...these books are over 10 yrs already! Pioneers like Steven of Amazon and T801 aunty have used terms like thin and thick framed even before I keep guppy, but I have not come across ppl talking about XB changing its base colour or even to the extent that the thick framed XB pic I have posted becomes a thin framed fish to you

(I think we should leave chilli and blood red out of this its irrelevant in this discussion)

Can u back up ur claim?? Where did u read it?

Quote:
Throw you some logic question :

A thin frame small aro... as it gets bigger, the frame widen and widen (your theory)... and as it gets even bigger, the frame widen and widen and widen......and widen... until the base color or the whole scale is covered with gold.. and just at that instance, that particular aros has no more scale frame... sounds logical boh?

Sometimew got frame and sometimes got no frame... who is confusing who? Ask yourself.
Of cuz not....if what u wrote above is true then all will be full gold izzit not??

Some aros as they grow big....still retain some based colour i.e. blue/green or dark undeveloped based. A good example will be the 2002 pic I have posted on page 7. Other stopped at certain area while still retaining blue and thick framed....pls take a look at Legend 1 & II, Ever changing of Asian aro, many pics there.

In Legend I...its stated that some XB/red dun have framed....the development will spread inward towards the base of the fish....but NOWHERE is it stated that the BASED COLOUR OF THE FISH CHANGE!

Hey dun run away from the question I asked in earlier post...."So this pic of XB is thin framed then?? Even from young?" -
Old 25-02-2005, 03:34 AM   #58
vic
Dragon

Two gold based...young XB....notice there isnt any based colour...this is wat I meant by "no colour based"....but the aro in the 1st pic has got good gold tone.

See the unattractiveness of the gold based aro when young?? Will u buy this or a blue based aro??

These two pics are taken from Legend I

Last edited by vic; 25-02-2005 at 03:54 AM.
Old 25-02-2005, 03:44 AM   #59
vic
Dragon

For those who know chinese...this is taken from "Ever Changing...." book

Last edited by vic; 25-02-2005 at 03:53 AM.
Old 25-02-2005, 11:09 AM   #60
Xback-aros

Really interesting topic..... personnally believe in the spreading of the rims inward. Have experience it twice with my fishes......

but can anyone comment on this..... lighting do affect the colour and also the definition of the rims.... have some fishes in light background with good shine without define rims.... but after tanning the fello for a period the fish become much thinner in the gold rims...... (really confused me) ocurred to me once only.....