Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 25-02-2005, 03:41 PM   #71
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2gs
bro...thanks for spending time....to interpret them to english.

i appreciate that!

i give props to you!!!
I cannot debate like the two masters here...contribute little effort in translating message so that more ppl will understand the chinese message written

Old 25-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #72
pcc
Senior Dragon

Well done! Keep the discussion going as it is going to benefit a lot of pple in this forum. Can't wait for the next round. Once again, thank you very much.
Old 25-02-2005, 07:00 PM   #73
jargonner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANCE
FGMG is better gold bar look
hi,
Can any bro, provide me some pics on the 2 type of xb gold.

thanks

Old 26-02-2005, 03:25 AM   #74
wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong
Base colour or so call scale core color of cross back might change with time.. mainly to gold. When farm say this baby is a gold base aro, meaning it will become a gold base aro. It might not exhibit gold base at the time you buy it.

You can ask fisherman to switch off the lights for his gold base aro tank and see if the gold base turn blue boh.

You statement "Not the case...when farms say this is a gold based aro....then it should not have any other base colour beside gold. Based colour of the fish cannot change." not so correct.
i quoted from yr post here, "when farm say this baby is a gold base aro, meaning it will become a gold base aro". in my opinion, this is quite misleading, regardless of whether u telling people farm say something, it will sure become something or not.

as for the picture taking part, wat i mean is, lighting play a very important role in defferent colour base aro. a gold base, or so-called full gold xback, or blue base xb, green base xb, blue base red & so on, defferent lighting makes defferent effect. if u r taking photo at a com tank, if there r gold, blue base xb, green, red, sliver etc, certain colour lighting benefit certain aro, not all. so, using yellow lighting will cartainly benefit gold base xb. if u r using red lighting, it will benefit red aro, can't compare like that.

i might sound unfriendly, but if u know me, u should know i'm not.

wrx

Old 26-02-2005, 03:51 AM   #75
wrx

to me, i define xb into gold base, blue base, green base ( quite rare nowaday but in the old day, this is consider lower grade xb ) & half gold bule/green xb.

a gold base xb to me is full gold, regardless of wat colour base xb it is, the rim, is definately gold. the defferent is the core colour. a gold rim xb with gold core? ??? should be wat xb? to me is a full gold, a gold rim ( thick ) with blue/green core ( regardless of whether deep or light ), is a half blue/green xback. a rold rim ( thin of course ) with blue or green base core, is a blue or green base xb.

wrx

Old 26-02-2005, 03:55 AM   #76
wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic
Ah Goh bro

Sometime Ah Fong siao siao one....anyhow type...but I know he is one good soul...can take ppl's hantumb. Lucky this thread only I shoot him.

Give him some leeway....Lulian dun call him "a communist" for nothing u know.
heheh, i know he is a good guy, also a very handsome guy , but hor, u r not shooting him lah, as a friend, we understand, just like i'm not shooting him lor

wrx

Old 26-02-2005, 03:58 AM   #77
wrx

Quote:
I actually enjoy argueing with bro Vic. . Somemore always let me win his mahjong monies . See him fuming in his reply makes me happy like winning his mahjong monies feeling.

Those ppl that dont know us tot we are enemies right? hehehe
sigh, nowaday still plat mj? switch to beat the boss lah, much much interesting than mj, i assure u if u know how to play, u will forget mj!

wrx

Old 26-02-2005, 04:07 AM   #78
fong
Dragon

Quote:
Bro Vic,
When ppl say this young fish is a full gold meaning this fish when grow up will become a full gold arowana. So my definition is the eventual base color and core color is the same, which is gold color. The base color of the young fish is unlikely deep color but may or may not be gold then.

When ppl say this young fish is a gold based xback meaning this fish when grow up will become a gold based arowana. So my definition is the eventual base color which is gold color. The young fish can have blue base, purple base etc then.
Goh,

Guess you get me all wrong again. For example, .. when you go fish shop and buy a small arowana.. the seller tells you this is a full gold.... meaning this is a full gold arowana in his perspective... . And his perspective is the fish will grow up to be full gold although it may not exhibit gold base at that time. If u go thru' the discussion, we are trying to illustrate the description of the base color. Some more my intent is clearly illustrated in my earlier reply to you.

About my "full gold" aro... you are trying to confirm what i mentioned is true or not.. ? Very simple, during stock take or harvesting, we take a pic to confirm my view. I can tell u upfront this is a gold base aro coz I have seen the fish when I feed it.

I like ppl to ask me questions, but again, no one likes to be misintepreted.
Old 26-02-2005, 04:16 AM   #79
wrx

Quote:
Goh,

Guess you get me all wrong again. For example, .. when you go fish shop and buy a small arowana.. the seller tells you this is a full gold.... meaning this is a full gold arowana in his perspective... . And his perspective is the fish will grow up to be full gold although it may not exhibit gold base at that time. If u go thru' the discussion, we are trying to illustrate the description of the base color. Some more my intent is clearly illustrated in my earlier reply to you.

About my "full gold" aro... you are trying to confirm what i mentioned is true or not.. ? Very simple, during stock take or harvesting, we take a pic to confirm my view. I can tell u upfront this is a gold base aro coz I have seen the fish when I feed it.

I like ppl to ask me questions, but again, no one likes to be misintepreted.
i know i know, i thought i already said in my post, it is quite misleading EVEN u r not telling people farm say something it will sure turn into something.

farm say full gold meaning it will turn into wat wat wat, is already misleading.

u r an old bird in aro i know, but not all hobbyist r.

wrx

Old 26-02-2005, 04:22 AM   #80
fong
Dragon

i term full gold as : fully gold. Ideally .... but no fully gold fish in this world.. head part sure dark dark.. some dark color here and there.. but percentage of gold coverage is very high unlike normal cross back. so to be fully gold, the base color cannot be other color but gold.

blue based cross back, green based cross back.. gold based cross backs.. the color mentioned here is the adjective to the base. It tells you what color the base is but never tells you the gold coverage % of the entire fish.

This is my view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx
to me, i define xb into gold base, blue base, green base ( quite rare nowaday but in the old day, this is consider lower grade xb ) & half gold bule/green xb.

a gold base xb to me is full gold, regardless of wat colour base xb it is, the rim, is definately gold. the defferent is the core colour. a gold rim xb with gold core? ??? should be wat xb? to me is a full gold, a gold rim ( thick ) with blue/green core ( regardless of whether deep or light ), is a half blue/green xback. a rold rim ( thin of course ) with blue or green base core, is a blue or green base xb.

wrx