Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 30-08-2011, 02:38 AM   #71
TwistedPair

i just did something very scary! I BOUGHT A LOT ALOT OF FISSIDENS!! hahahah oops! might wanna do a fissiden moss wall or something show u guys a pict tmr!
Old 30-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #72
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPair View Post
i just did something very scary! I BOUGHT A LOT ALOT OF FISSIDENS!! hahahah oops! might wanna do a fissiden moss wall or something show u guys a pict tmr!
Reminds me of my Nanas Petite craze.... I now have over 30+ stalks of Nanas Petite in my 1.5ft... Lol... Can't seem to find enough bogwood space to tie all of them on... I even went to the extent of buying $10 worth of rocks from a bro here just to get his FOC nanas... ... Lolol!
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #73
TwistedPair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Reminds me of my Nanas Petite craze.... I now have over 30+ stalks of Nanas Petite in my 1.5ft... Lol... Can't seem to find enough bogwood space to tie all of them on... I even went to the extent of buying $10 worth of rocks from a bro here just to get his FOC nanas... ... Lolol!
hahaha bro jon-san u sound like those auntie buy NTUC stuff for their free pots or something! haha
Old 30-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #74
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
hahaha bro jon-san u sound like those auntie buy NTUC stuff for their free pots or something! haha
Yah! OMG! I only stopped after I bought this really huge batch of algae infested nanas from a bro here real cheap. Managed to clear out most of the brownish algae and the black spots on the leaves. Now the nanas are mostly healthy again!
Old 31-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #75
TwistedPair

wow! then brother jon-san you would be the best person to ask this. im actually really very poisoned by this whole planting business. i want to put some plants in my 5 feet tank with a RTG, 3 ITs, 5 Parrots, 1 Tin Foil Barb and 1 Silver Dollar.

if i put nanas inside will my barb munch munch on it? i know java ferns are good and anti barb eating! but i kinda dont really like them!

oh and my fissiden moss wall is postponed to weekends again! sorry.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:09 AM   #76
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
wow! then brother jon-san you would be the best person to ask this. im actually really very poisoned by this whole planting business. i want to put some plants in my 5 feet tank with a RTG, 3 ITs, 5 Parrots, 1 Tin Foil Barb and 1 Silver Dollar.

if i put nanas inside will my barb munch munch on it? i know java ferns are good and anti barb eating! but i kinda dont really like them!

oh and my fissiden moss wall is postponed to weekends again! sorry.
I think most fishes don't eat nanas, prob because of the stiffness of the leaves and also the sap. But personally, i have never kept TFBs, so I'm in no position to say that it won't happen. Are you planning to tie the nanas to DWs?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #77
TwistedPair

yea i was thinking of that as i have no substrate in my aro tank. so was thinking of all those plants that can be tied to stuff. i read abt javas n arrowheads but need to research more
Old 01-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #78
Velius

How about trying Bolbitis spp.? Different appearance and texture to the leaves but similar treatment. Too bad your aro tank doesn't have substrate, or you could try Crinum spp. as well; herbivores tend to leave them alone too.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #79
TwistedPair

very weird! arofanatic dint allow me to post entries.

anyway i wrote yesterday that there was some co2 miscue in my tank! all my fishes died except for my corys. which were breathing with much difficulty.

i immediately switched off my co2 and turned on my air pump.

hais very sad. my ottos, tetras and and yamatos died horribly. all twitching until their died... sad! my tank looked as though there was a water population or something.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #80
TwistedPair

so anyway! due to the co2 incident. i decided to "pay" friendly Seaview a visit! (PUN INTENDED)

i got 50 cardinal tetras, 7 Ottos and 5 SAE! After lots of research on how to ID an SAE. I decided to take the risk when i noticed that Seaview called this fish a Flying Fox?? and below the name Flying Fox was SAE. I'm like huhhhhh??? hahaha.

So in any case after checking my iphone to double confirm. I think it is an SAE. so SAABBBB i bagged it and brought it home. so here's an update. I actually forgot to shoot my fissiden moss wall... and i'm too lazy to go reshoot!

In any case, I've started a new thread on my best shots at http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...27#post8641827 Please give it a visit. Those are more of my bigger fishes! =)

UPLOAD THAT SOON! while that is on the way. enjoy my shots of my supposedly SAE!

just to share my thought processes when choosing and confirming if it is an SAEs.

black zig-zag black line?? hmm check!
clear dorsal and pelvic fins? CHECK!

black line across the body until its rear fin? CHECK!

1 pair of barbels and not 2 pairs? CHECK!!
Rests on its pelvic fins slight arched up! CHECK!!!!!

should be SAE! if any bros out there can like fish out an SAE like by "smelling" or has an SAE eye. please help me ID too so as to triple confirm my doubts.