Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 13-04-2005, 02:04 AM   #1
Sotong King

Default Tvr

Posted picture here. Please praise this ranchu and support your comments with facts. If you can give COO will be most appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1017.jpg (14.7 KB, 478 views)
Old 13-04-2005, 02:10 AM   #2
mybirdshit
Dragon

Got pic with another angle or not? Kinda hard to fully appraise this ranchu from this angle alone.
mybirdshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 02:58 AM   #3
OKI

a beautiful ranchu as it pleases my eyes when i first look at it. COO i don know. (a beauty!!! )
Old 13-04-2005, 03:08 AM   #4
ranchu8

My 2 cents worth: I think overall it is a nice ranchu, wide head, protruding cheeks, eyes tucked neatly into its sides, smooth back, shapely pectoral fins, well developed wen and i believe wide caudal peduncle ... not easy to confirm though, also have some difficulty seeing its scales and shape of tail from the top, tail appears a bit off but may be due to its motion ... yes, any more photos ... what is coo?
Old 13-04-2005, 08:12 AM   #5
Sotong King

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybirdshit
Got pic with another angle or not? Kinda hard to fully appraise this ranchu from this angle alone.
Imagine you are the judge, assessing the fish and cannot catch it to view the other angle.
Old 13-04-2005, 08:16 AM   #6
Sotong King

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI
a beautiful ranchu as it pleases my eyes when i first look at it. COO i don know. (a beauty!!! )
COO = country of origin.
Old 13-04-2005, 08:25 AM   #7
Ranchu Lover

It is a nice ranchu from this angle. I think it is Japanese bred raised in Singapore. Why I said that is because the colour is not deep enough.
Old 13-04-2005, 09:05 AM   #8
pykoh
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotong King
Imagine you are the judge, assessing the fish and cannot catch it to view the other angle.
Normally, the judge get to see the real thing in action so should be able to get a look of it at all angles with a bit of patience.

Back to the ranchu, nice headgrowth and eyes are "embedded" inside the head (this is the kind of head that I like to see in older ranchu). Backbone seems to be thick from the angle of the shot and tail look normal to me. Colouration is not as intense as those red/white ranchus featured in Jap goldfish magazine.

Is this your ranchu? I guess this ranchu likely to be from Japan but being raised outside Japan.
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 09:37 AM   #9
mybirdshit
Dragon

OK, then. I will judge as best I can.

From the pic, seems that the mehaba, sehaba wide and the peduncle thick. Tail from whta I can tell opens nicely. Wen growth is good, is of a good rectangular shape.
mybirdshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 09:40 AM   #10
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotong King
Posted picture here. Please praise this ranchu and support your comments with facts. If you can give COO will be most appreciated.
Nice !!~~~~~~~~
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote