Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 15-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #71
superFishy

i wash 2 3 times still die llike nobody business =( very smelly sia on day2. mama say got the sai smell lol. tot of trying to ktp extract thing. u mean jus wash it clean then add the ktp water huh?
Old 15-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #72
VR2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by superFishy View Post
i wash 2 3 times still die llike nobody business =( very smelly sia on day2. mama say got the sai smell lol. tot of trying to ktp extract thing. u mean jus wash it clean then add the ktp water huh?
well... when u wash tat time dun use tap water!!! the chlorine will kill the worms... use age water!!!! swill the worms thoroughly for 3 rinse. 1 is not enf!!! most likely will come out wif another tutorial soon
Old 19-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #73
rainman

I'm not even sure about the lifespan of tubi, nor their reproductive behaviours.. I believe the challenge with tubis is twofold:

1. how to keep the "culture" long enough without smelling/dying off, which is what the OP of this thread has figured, and

2. how "safe" is the batch that you have from diseases/internal parasites..

even if I manage to keep them alive and wriggling after a month and they reproduce, i'm not even sure if it's safe to say that they are free from any diseases since rubbish in, rubbish out
Old 24-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #74
VR2004

1. how to keep the "culture" long enough without smelling/dying off, which is what the OP of this thread has figured, and

- so far my tubi alive but sure got smell one... so LL suck thumb.

2. how "safe" is the batch that you have from diseases/internal parasites..

- i would say its rather safe if u wash daily n u see that the worms dun suddenly half of them die think u can use it ba. atleast i did =) so far all ok.
Old 25-08-2008, 12:49 AM   #75
rainman

the thing is, I usually have no problem when it comes to prolonging the lives of these little wrigglers.. even to the point that i sometimes don't even use water with ktp extract. they do smell..well, like worms, but without 'that' stink. my only fear is that they may carry diseases or be a host for one even though they look alive and clean! oh well, the inherent dangers of live food i guess
Old 25-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #76
YiDaLi

bought a dollar worth of tubis frm ST96 early y'day morning, used 1/3 of it after arriving home for my bettas, did a WC wif ktp waters, left it under my set up (rack). to my surprise, the balance 2/3 of it all died!!!

kinda !@#$%^&*( wads wrong sia~ source of it? Kauz~ this the 2nd time liaoz..
Old 25-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #77
CharlieBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by YiDaLi View Post
bought a dollar worth of tubis frm ST96 early y'day morning, used 1/3 of it after arriving home for my bettas, did a WC wif ktp waters, left it under my set up (rack). to my surprise, the balance 2/3 of it all died!!!

Is your tubi clean, meaning that you only got tubi and not other types of worms?

If not clean, then the ketapang might hasten the death of these worms, and of course once you get fouled water, the tubi dies as well.
Old 25-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #78
rainman

Quote:

How much water did you leave the tubi in?
Old 25-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #79
YiDaLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman View Post
How much water did you leave the tubi in?
2/3 of those tubi...
Old 25-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #80
VR2004

Quote:
2/3 of those tubi...
i think he ment the water lever for the tubi n not how much remain