Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 17-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
Aces
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanleow View Post
if i were to use a additional pump for IQ5, what pump would u recommend??
bro that shop selling any complete nono tank that are meant for marine fish keeping?
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
ethanleow
Dragon

All IQ5 set should come with the tank, led and pump.. optional IQ skimmer and other stuffs sold seperately. Do check the acrylic surface carefully when u purchase the tank as acrylic is quite easy to get scratch. So to prevent any regrets after buying, check carefully of any scratches that may be caused during delivery or mishandling upon displaying.
ethanleow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #13
ethanleow
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
For nano/pico tanks, the recommendation over at nano-reef is to do a 10% weekly water change. If a skimmer (the Dymax skimmer) is installed in the IQ5, how much water change would be needed?
to me, still 10% weekly. cause the skimmer, i think quite useless. haha.
Old 17-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #14
ethanleow
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
bro that shop selling any complete nono tank that are meant for marine fish keeping?
Anyway, i cut off part of the black bio-sponge that comes with the IQ5 and added a layer of my porous ceramic rings for another different layer of bio filtration. You may wish to do something like that as well.
Old 17-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #15
Aces
Arofanatic

Quote:
Anyway, i cut off part of the black bio-sponge that comes with the IQ5 and added a layer of my porous ceramic rings for another different layer of bio filtration. You may wish to do something like that as well.
good suggestion thank u i think most likely i'll just try out IQ5 first and see how it goes. I most likely wun be adding in skimmer since 10 percent water change ain't so difficult for such a small tank. I'm just thinking how many lifestock can it actually holds.. Maybe 1 crownfish and 2 demsel and a goby will look nice but i'm quite sceptical about the size since i haven actually see the real tank in person.
Old 19-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #16
Aces
Arofanatic

got the first piece of equipment. I ask for the skimmer but the salesperson from petmart don't know what is skimmer I feel like buying the cover.. Please note apart from the tank I still have not buy anything.

Can I buy the saltwater from the auntie at balestier? or it is better for me to mix distilled water with the marine salt?

Please note I have not buy any hydrometer and test kit.. Still think whether I should buy from balestier since my house is quite far.. but if I go down serangoon north to purchase unsure if they even know what i'm talking about
Old 19-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #17
ethanleow
Dragon

mix saltmix if u can. the auntie at balestier sell saltmix, not nsw..
Old 19-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #18
ethanleow
Dragon

test kit are all the same.. petmart will know what testkit u need. dont worry. hydrometer u moght want to get from somewhere else like pasir ris farmway
Old 19-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #19
Aces
Arofanatic

Quote:
mix saltmix if u can. the auntie at balestier sell saltmix, not nsw..
oic.. then I might at well buy the saltmix from the LFS downstair.. don't tell me they don't have i think i need explain clearly and talk to the boss rather than the kid coz just now i ask for IQ5 he don't know what i'm talking about I most likely will only buy life rock and stock from auntie if that's the case.. Think I should go down buy big bottles of distilled water to start mixing and let the system run.. Hopefully tomorrow I go down can get the following

1. Hydrometer
2. Testkit
3. The cover for the IQ5
4. life sand and salt mix..

Bro the IQ5 pump is it ok or too weak? I have operate the system yet.
Other question what is the white balls and i understand the black one is activated carbon. Should this 2 be change periodically? I noticed there is a centre compartment in the filter section, should I put bio balls in there?

sorry ask alot of silly questions..
Old 19-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #20
ethanleow
Dragon

dont put anything in the middle section unless u have no intention to put skimmer. the middle section of the iq5 is meant for thr skimmer.