Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 18-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #61
sfk7
Arofanatic

Should have treated the petite nana before putting them in. Almost all your plants emersed form and it takes abit of time to convert and now already there's presence of algae, just makes your job much harder.

But i suppose you know what you're doing. So all the best!
sfk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #62
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfk7 View Post
Should have treated the petite nana before putting them in. Almost all your plants emersed form and it takes abit of time to convert and now already there's presence of algae, just makes your job much harder.

But i suppose you know what you're doing. So all the best!
yup. and the worst type some more. i have already did a first round of major chemical treatment 3 days prior to transfering. sprayed more than 400ml of hydrogen peroxide on the BBAs, doing 10ml daily H2O2 spot bombing to kill them. have 1 litre more of 19% H2O2 on standby wanna experiment with 100% eradication of BBA off that BW before it spreads. top priority mission in this scape.

yup. all buceps are still in emersed forms but have spotted that Day 2, all have grown their 1st leaf and SK even seen with new roots poping out. thus far all the bucephalandras are good quality even in my stock tank, many of the current stocks are seen to be converting well, with new shoots and roots.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #63
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
dark skeleton king ;P
Sounds awesome.

Anyways, on a side note, I once bought close to 40 stalks of Nana Petite of a bro that came with a bucketload of algae like BBA, GSA, BSA, etc.... had them in a quarantine tank for close on 3mths to rid the algae off. One of the methods I use was to trim off the worst affected leaves. As and when new healthy leaves grew out, i would continue trimming more affected leaves. Took a long while, but at the end of the day, i managed to clean up the whole batch of nanas. Really trying on the patience...
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #64
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Sounds awesome.

Anyways, on a side note, I once bought close to 40 stalks of Nana Petite of a bro that came with a bucketload of algae like BBA, GSA, BSA, etc.... had them in a quarantine tank for close on 3mths to rid the algae off. One of the methods I use was to trim off the worst affected leaves. As and when new healthy leaves grew out, i would continue trimming more affected leaves. Took a long while, but at the end of the day, i managed to clean up the whole batch of nanas. Really trying on the patience...
this is not only on nana... its also on the BW... so ya.... i hope in 3 months i can clear it. will be getting some SAEs and yamatos to help clear them..
Old 20-01-2014, 12:49 AM   #65
armageddon
Senior Dragon

Default part 1

Some plants and my buceps. still in emersed condition with some slowly turning submerged.

some close up shots.
a small clump of kir royale. previously had another bigger beautiful clump bought by another bro.. haha

2 white nana, 1 is tied, 1 is stuffed into a "clamp" shape grove on the DW

golden nana under DW

a new bucephalandra i trying out, bucephalandra centipede blood red. randomly took 1 centipede and found this small one, the current leaves showing excellent shine of blue, but realised new submerged leave that is coming out is pretty reddish thus trying this piece to see its development. still have stocks available.

of course, not forgetting the main star, Skeleton KING!!!! some call it dark SK, some call it black SK. realised a flower has poped out and new leaves are coming out.

bucephalandra belindae clump, this clump is pretty big and in execellent condition. can't count how many pieces in it, but i guess there is more than 10. using it to form a cover for the cave area between the DW and BW.

small clump bucephalandra penelope, still in emersed state. notice the algaes on it. This piece is like a more expensive golden nana petite. have another few stalks in submerged form in my own small tank that is showing gold colour. very beautiful.

Old 20-01-2014, 12:52 AM   #66
armageddon
Senior Dragon

bucephalandra CHILLI, found some "cracks" area in the middle from the "joints" of the rocks. decided to fill it up with some bucephalandra and went on to find the best small buceps i have. found some leftover bucephalandras chillis and used them to fill that small gap. can only see 1 stalk protruding out, but 3 other stalks are behind waiting to grow out of that crack.

the tradditional bucephalandra brownie ghost. selected a young brownie ghost clump to fill the big gap between the rocks. At the back just on top of it is a medium size bucephalandra bungan waiting to show its beauty in time to come.

bucephalandra rainbow frost. again, my style of using plants to "stuff cracks" and gaps to have a more complete feel. selected just 1 stalk from the clumps and clumps and clumps of rainbow frost. decide that less is more. balance and not overdoing is the key.

hair grass, need say anymore? ^_^""

blyxa japonica, you can notice the bucephalandra bungan at the left front side rocks.

green skeleton king! after i finished, realised the right side back of tank is extremely bare and lots of areas are wasted. thus took a small messy clump of green skeleton king out and placed it at the back to give it a more filling wild look.

ok, thats all for now, wish me good luck in this tank's development and hope to keep you all updated on their development.
happy CNY![/QUOTE]
Old 20-01-2014, 12:55 AM   #67
armageddon
Senior Dragon

not sure how come link wrong. all showing penelope...

anyway, hope this liniks work :P

bucephalandra chilli

bucephalandra brownie ghost

Old 20-01-2014, 01:18 AM   #68
armageddon
Senior Dragon

name i have in mind for this scape, tamed chaos.

the left side with dark SK mimicks the look of a lion that has just entered a land in search of its next prey and crossed path with a small group of dragon and both are about to clash into an epic battle and time freezed..