Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 07-06-2005, 12:59 AM   #71
Fire87
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keane
spot on........me and my fren asked the same question when we're not sure if what the farm chap has said was true..........he replied with a question........why would any farm in theor right frame of mind want to breed XBs and RTGs to get the legendary HBRTG which is still classified as a RTG?

his so-called XBs rejects numbers are only very minor for each of the broods the farm harvest......

i say again........i'm just stating a fact which i learn/heard from the farm pple themselves.......so pls dun lecture me this and that..........as i'm an aro fanatic coming here to discuss and learn.........
interesting. so now we have another problem about the purity of XBs in the market.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:07 AM   #72
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

for your information, i do have a friend who owns a PG with pearles and 6th level crossing similar to an xb. but lack the intensity of the golden shine. perhaps he's one of the lucky few who owns a really rare rtg.

just saying is not enough. need to take picture. i'll see if he'll permit me to take some pictures for the benefit of this discussion.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:08 AM   #73
Keane
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire87
interesting. so now we have another problem about the purity of XBs in the market.
hi bro fire 87.........i'm juz giving my own opinion on this..........i think there shd be no problem for the enforcement and confidence of the purity of XB breeds from registered farms here...........they wudn't want to jeopardise this avenue of proft-making..........but the standard of the pure XB-XB broods would definitely vary in standards........

and as can be seen from the aros which i'm keeping........can see that i'm totally not into goldies........also dunno why i'm getting involved in this sort of argumentative thread.......sigh........
Old 07-06-2005, 01:10 AM   #74
shiokmc
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keane
hi bro fire 87.........i'm juz giving my own opinion on this..........i think there shd be no problem for the enforcement and confidence of the purity of XB breeds from registered farms here...........they wudn't want to jeopardise this avenue of proft-making..........but the standard of the pure XB-XB broods would definitely vary in standards........
right on ........... !!

i believe every batch have 'good' ones n 'not-so-good' ones... irregardless of farms
Old 07-06-2005, 01:10 AM   #75
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
where got so many lousy "cannot make it" XB to label as HBRTG?...

probably becos of the bro mydusof hgrtg...

There is a reason behide this! There is no cannot make it xb or rtg to me the lucky star is shinning on him so........ let it me. It is abit miss leading on his posting u cant blame him this is what he bought as! So........
Old 07-06-2005, 01:13 AM   #76
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

whooo hoooo the bearman is here.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:15 AM   #77
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpn
Care to share the insights on why we have Hiback Rtg? One dun refute the claims without giving the whole picture. I don't complain without giving solutions. I'm not against ur claims but just hope to know more as a hobbist. I think there are many members here who want to know to. I sincerely hope u can try to answer this please. You claim HBrtg is not a hybrid between a xback golden n a rtg based on the suggestion it is not lucrative enough for them to cross breed. There are many speculations about hbrtg, etc. However by just suggesting it is not lucrative enough for them to crossbreed is not convincing enough. Or you can provide more insights on hiback? How exactly we get hiback rtgs? There are bros here who mention a 4level shine bred with a 4 level shine don't give u fifth level shine. Cross breeding with crossback golden is not lucrative, perhaps, cross breeding with crossback green might be lucrative? Oh by the way, this is just a suggestion. Nothing concrete. We are begining to see more and more Rtgs that look more like crossbacks, why is this happening?

Why dont u go n scerch some old thread before u reply? There r afew thread relayed to this.......
Old 07-06-2005, 01:16 AM   #78
mihatah
Senior Dragon

nobody will be right or wrong....... the truth is out there....
Old 07-06-2005, 01:16 AM   #79
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRTG
whooo hoooo the bearman is here.
Is beerman not bearmam!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:16 AM   #80
Keane
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiokmc
right on ........... !!

i believe every batch have 'good' ones n 'not-so-good' ones... irregardless of farms
ok.......i'm gonna wallow on based on what i know from the farm chap.......

to quote his saying >> the farm will rather tag those minority of so-called "cannot make it" XBs as RTGs or HBRTGs.......

His seasons >> win-win situation for the farm........to tag the "low standard" XB as XBs to be sold in the market will sort of tarnish their farm reputation.........and on the other hand........if they tag the "rejected" XBs as HBRTGs or RTGs, which later turn out to be cool.......will ultimately do good to their farm reputation (for their RTGs)......