Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 26-10-2017, 10:56 PM   #1
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool FC Thread #147:-Liverpool's defence must be fixed

Liverpool history since 1892.
Liverpool FC having won 18 league titles and 5 European Cups.
The club was formed on March 15 1892 and plays home games at Anfield.
18 League Titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 3 European Super Cups, 15 Charity Shields, 3 FA Youth Cup.

We are known as Liverpool, The Reds, The Red Army, The Kops or Kopites.
NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 11:12 PM   #2
NI KI
Arofanatic

Fixtures

October 2017

Sat 28th 22:00 English Premier League Huddersfield Town Home

November 2017

Thu 2nd 02:45 Champions League Group Stage Maribor Home

Sun 5th 00:30 English Premier League West Ham United Away

Sat 18th 22:00 English Premier League Southampton Home

Wed 22nd 02:45 Champions League Group Stage Sevilla Away

Sun 26th 00:30 English Premier League Chelsea Home

Thu 30th 03:00 English Premier League Stoke City Away

December 2017

Sat 2nd 22:00 English Premier League Brighton and Hove Albion Away

Thu 7th 02:45 Champions League Group Stage Spartak Moscow Home

Sun 10th 21:15 English Premier League Everton Home

Thu 14th 03:00 English Premier League West Brom Home

Sun 17th 11:30 English Premier League Bournemouth Away

Sat 23rd 02:45 English Premier League Arsenal Away

Wed 27th 00:30 English Premier League Swansea City Home

Sat 30th 22:00 English Premier League Leicester City Home
Old 26-10-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 26-10-2017, 11:30 PM   #4
NI KI
Arofanatic

Hat-trick hero - Rhian Brewster

Old 26-10-2017, 11:33 PM   #5
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Watch: Rhian Brewster's World Cup treble against Brazil

Watch how Rhian Brewster sent England into the FIFA U17 World Cup final with footage of the Liverpool youngster's hat-trick against Brazil.

The 17-year-old repeated his trick from the weekend quarter-final with USA by netting another treble in Wednesday’s last-four showdown.

See just how Brewster did it with highlights of the game via FIFA TV by clicking here.
Old 26-10-2017, 11:36 PM   #6
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default How Brewster got scouted in 2 minutes: “I’ve never seen a player as good as him”

It seems that in Rhian Brewster, Liverpool have quite a precocious talent on our hands…

The 17-year-old has scored six goals in two games at the Under-17 World Cup, coming in the form of back-to-back hat-tricks against USA and Brazil in the quarters and semis respectively.

And naturally, it’s got football fans all over the country talking.

Dan Seymour is a football coach and friend of Brewster’s family who worked with the prodigy at the Shield*football academy in London, where the forward was brought up – and has explained how quickly Chelsea signed him on their first scouting trip.

“He was scouted in the first two minutes of his first game after rounding the entire opposition, scoring and then grabbing the ball and putting it back on the spot,” he told BBC Sport.

“In the time it took that to happen, Martin Taylor, the academy scout at Chelsea, approached his dad and me, and said he wanted him immediately.

“I’ve yet to see another player as good as him in all the time I’ve been at the academy.”

Our rivals did eventually let Brewster go though, which is looking an increasingly stupid decision on their behalf.

This summer, we also secured English striker Dominic Solanke, whose early form for Liverpool is making a mockery of that Chelsea decision, too.

It’s Brewster though who perhaps has the highest ceiling of any player currently at our Academy.

Don’t be surprised if we see him tearing up trees in the Under-23s this season and even make some more of Klopp’s first-team benches.
Old 26-10-2017, 11:41 PM   #7
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Ben Woodburn makes Liverpool vow after signing new five-year deal

Liverpool teenager Ben Woodburn today put pen to paper on a new five-year contract and admitted: “It’s an unbelievable feeling.”

The Wales international is determined to repay Jurgen Klopp’s faith in him after committing his long-term future to the Reds.

Woodburn, who is the youngest goal scorer in the club’s history, was rewarded with improved terms following his recent 18th birthday.

“It’s an unbelievable feeling to sign a new contract with Liverpool,” he said.

“This is the club I want to stay at and be here as long as possible.

“I think there is loads of room for improvement. But I think I’ve grown as a player and matured physically and technically, and grown in confidence.

“Now I just want to carry on and hopefully show the manager what I can do.”

Klopp handed Woodburn his senior debut against Sunderland last November and he has since gone on to clock up 10 first-team appearances.

The Reds boss hailed the youngster as the “perfect balance of talent and attitude”.

“Ben knows how committed we are to him and he and his family know this is the best environment for him to grow, learn more and become even better and better,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com

“What a talent this young man is. We don’t call him the Prince of Wales for nothing, although judging by his facial expression when we do he would probably be happy if we stopped with this!

“Ben is that perfect balance of talent and attitude. To fulfil your potential at the very highest level you need to have the maximum of both.

“Alex Inglethorpe and all the staff at Kirkby should be very proud of the contribution they make to these young players’ progress. It’s a brilliant environment and culture for an ambitious young player.

“It’s quite poetic that Ben signs this contract on the same day that Rhian Brewster scores another hat-trick for the England U17s in a World Cup semi-final against Brazil. I love this.”

Woodburn, who scored on his debut for Wales against Austria last month, has only appeared for the Reds once so far this season.

He’s had to settle for under-23s football and captaining Liverpool in the UEFA Youth League, but he knows in Klopp he’s playing for a manager who’s willing to give opportunities to young players.

“I feel like at this club, there is a pathway to the first team and you get given chances here,” he added.

“I’ve played for the first team, but I still want more of it. I’ve got a lot more to give so I want to show what I can do.

“I feel like he does trust me. I feel if he needs me, he will bring me on. Around the training ground he’ll give you a high five, a hug or whatever. He’s good with us young players.

“If you need to work on anything he will tell you and help you do that.”
Old 26-10-2017, 11:44 PM   #8
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Exciting Liverpool transfer news confirmed by Echo

Liverpool will*see if they can sign Naby Keita early in January, claims Neil Jones in the Echo.

The 22-year-old is already confirmed for next summer, but the club will ask Rb Leipzig what it’ll cost to get him to Anfield early – following the Guinean’s third red card in seven matches.

Last night, Keita was given his marching orders against Bayern Munich, meaning he’s currently spending as much time suspended as he is on the pitch.

There have already been murmurings of discontent regarding Keita’s conduct this term, following his rash performances in big games and his decision to wear a red suit to one of the*matches he was banned for!

Hopefully, these issues will convince the Germans to give us our record signing early and plan for their own future.

He’ll be cup-tied for the Champions League, but would be a mighty boost to our Premier League midfield, which has undeniably missed some of the bite and nastiness he provides.

In fact, there’s many supporters who’d welcome the red-cards he’s picking up as a sign of effort and emotion!

For now, we’ll patiently watch this space – but the more we struggle before Christmas – the more we’re surely likely to use the January transfer window.
Old 26-10-2017, 11:46 PM   #9
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Gini Wijnaldum fitness update

Georginio Wijnaldum is fit for Liverpool’s game against Huddersfield Town on Saturday following a knee injury.

The Netherlands international missed the Reds’ defeat at Tottenham Hotspur last Sunday after sustaining a knock during the team’s final training session before the match at Wembley.

However, Wijnaldum has since returned to full training and is available for this weekend’s Anfield meeting with David Wagner’s side.

“The knee is good now,” the midfielder told Liverpoolfc.com at Melwood on Thursday.

“I was unlucky that in training before the game I had a kick on it, it was in a duel. Milner tried to shoot and I tried to block but I was a little bit late with my block, he’d already shot the ball and he swung his foot on the inside of my knee.*

“At first it didn’t look like it was that bad, but after training I had more pain than during training and the day after, on Sunday before the game, I had a lot of pain. I could barely walk, so it was not possible to play.

“I’m still in a little bit of pain but I can play with it. I had full training yesterday and felt good so probably I can play.*

“The manager decides if he’s going to put me in the first XI, but I will be available.”
Old 28-10-2017, 07:01 PM   #10
NI KI
Arofanatic