Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 29-09-2004, 08:36 PM   #61
loon23382

Quote:
Originally Posted by loon23382
my red can see is more of the thick frame type.and can see abit tt it is green base... so in other words, after a yr or so, the shine will slowly go off and bcome darker in color and then finally red? i hafen got a chance to take any pics of my aro cos it keeps moving and i cant haf a clear picture of it..the 5th and 6th level haf bright shiny speckles...under TFC light the aro appears qutie dark in color..but when the light is off and when the aro swims near the tank front..can see that the whole body is very shiny..with pink/purple sheen..currenlty my red in a 4 x 1.5...is a 4 by 2 by 2 good enuf for a red? good enuf as in for a hobby...cos i noe most will say as big as possible thogh.
and oso is TFC light good enuf for a red? cos i noe many wud say the color will be more intensive if PL tanning or acardia red light tanning is used...but i oso ehard TFC light got tannnig effect as well...maybe not as much as the rest..any advises?

Old 29-09-2004, 08:50 PM   #62
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
Has it ever occured to u that the fading process could be a hormonal cycle ? and tat includes the fasting as well ?
I think somehow this two things is related and i think we should pay more attention during this period.
Old 29-09-2004, 08:58 PM   #63
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
Sorry maybe my question abit vague...wat I mean is tat there are different portions of the Kapaus river which produces different reds probably the water conditions at the different parts stipulates the coloration?

of cos the water flow and other factors such as the maximum water body will also affect the body shape and such

currently my Red Comm is maintain between 5.2 - 5.5 max

pushing it to PH 4 is to test one theory taught to me by one Indo frenz...I somehow cannot get the right mix of components to push the PH into 4 (maybe must remove buffering - down KH so tat my PH can go below 5)

Yes, i agreed what u have mention above, difference river will produce difference quality of red.

Ph will have a effect on red? Mmmm i never keep track on my red tank so no comment. But i think PH 5-6 will be the best. I have a 6 ft tank all year round PH maintian at PH 9-10 but fish "ang-ang"! Mmmm... thats why i got no comment in PH topic! heeheee...
Old 29-09-2004, 09:01 PM   #64
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM32
Hello Sifu
Ya, older people like me.
I have many pineapple skin in my new pond. Can spare some for you if you want.

regards

hAHAHahhaa.... not as old as u lah!

Yes, i need alot of pineapple skin in no time, so please safe some for me!

Got free coffee for me ornot but i never comment on your 1st or 2nd grade red lay?
Old 29-09-2004, 09:11 PM   #65
khips

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
genes of cos, but even with the best genes, w/o proper cultivation and care , it still wun go far .. or rather not as far as it wud hv , not juz diet, lights are very important for reds and water change, tank size, tank mates , well various factors
what sort of lightings is good for reds then?? wld these lightings be detrimental to silvers n pearls, and othet tankmates like STs?

Old 29-09-2004, 09:12 PM   #66
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vil
Thanks for the information sharing.

Got another question, heard that there are some 'good' red that don't fade easily and some reds that fade easily (and time to come back varies) when subjected to transferring/changes in environment or other factors.

Besides genes, does it indicate much abt the stages of development or health of the aro?

Transfering wont effect much on colouration, maybe less than 10%. It should be other factors like sudden change of water parameters or environment!
Old 29-09-2004, 09:13 PM   #67
khips

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagemaru
yup..thats the way I pull the PH all the way down...but still the line of breaking the entire system is too fragile...Beneficial Bacteria is not in my consideration now...but my ammonia and nitrates are all within acceptable zones...

IMO PH has a direct relationship with the coloration development of reds...PH 4 is the limit which should show the best coloration or rather the max the red can go...anyway the water parameters of certain waters that SR lived in is around the region of 4 - 5.5...
wld PH4 or 4plus have a detrimental effect on other aros like silvers n pearls n greens?? and other tankmates too eg STs?

Old 29-09-2004, 09:15 PM   #68
FrancisG

bro, ur PH maintains at 9-10 ah??? n ur aro still ang-ang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
Yes, i agreed what u have mention above, difference river will produce difference quality of red.

Ph will have a effect on red? Mmmm i never keep track on my red tank so no comment. But i think PH 5-6 will be the best. I have a 6 ft tank all year round PH maintian at PH 9-10 but fish "ang-ang"! Mmmm... thats why i got no comment in PH topic! heeheee...

Old 29-09-2004, 09:22 PM   #69
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisG
bro, ur PH maintains at 9-10 ah??? n ur aro still ang-ang?

I have another tank PH at 2-3 also "ang-ang"! Nothing special about the rise and fall of PH level but there are other u need to takenote like BB!
Old 29-09-2004, 09:25 PM   #70
FrancisG

so, bro u mean bb can survive in high Ph like 9-10 or low Ph like 2-3? i'm confused leh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
I have another tank PH at 2-3 also "ang-ang"! Nothing special about the rise and fall of PH level but there are other u need to takenote like BB!