Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 09-01-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
CCT
Dragon

Default African Cichilds Club

Haha anyone interested to form one? can go around hunt for African cichilds or go over to hobbyist place to see and learn.
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
Brichardi
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCT View Post
Haha anyone interested to form one? can go around hunt for African cichilds or go over to hobbyist place to see and learn.
It is always pleasing to see new tanganyikans hobbyists with the motivation and sheer enthusiasm as CCT. Your intention is much applauded but will stumble with few obstacles imo.

As far as I know....some of the better known ones like Youngman, ECTan, ForeverFrontosa and few others had known each other for more than 10 yrs liao and had formed Tanganyika Cichlid Club.

Also, there some of the old birds of tangans ...like Tangs_Rule, PolarPuffs, Amiidae etc and theres the converted tangans+other fishes like HongJinBao, Zonkkie, Johannes, Wildbear, YKT, Orhlulu etc and the latest addition....Jyee, you, etc. Most of those mentioned here knew one another and I'm sure they would love to share their experiences and collections with any tangans enthusiasts. Most here are helpful and friendly imo.

Hence, I think if you are really keen to know/learn more about tangans from any of them, I think its wise to private msg them. As time goes by, I'm sure you will know many of them.

However, if you are really keen about tangans, it would be my pleasure to extend my hand to you to share experiences with.

Raymond

P/S: If your name/s are not mentioned pls forgive me. Sincerely because I just woke up and couldn't focus much yet.
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #3
Wind
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
It is always pleasing to see new tanganyikans hobbyists with the motivation and sheer enthusiasm as CCT. Your intention is much applauded but will stumble with few obstacles imo.

As far as I know....some of the better known ones like Youngman, ECTan, ForeverFrontosa and few others had known each other for more than 10 yrs liao and had formed Tanganyika Cichlid Club.

Also, there some of the old birds of tangans ...like Tangs_Rule, PolarPuffs, Amiidae etc and theres the converted tangans+other fishes like HongJinBao, Zonkkie, Johannes, Wildbear, YKT, Orhlulu etc and the latest addition....Jyee, you, etc. Most of those mentioned here knew one another and I'm sure they would love to share their experiences and collections with any tangans enthusiasts. Most here are helpful and friendly imo.

Hence, I think if you are really keen to know/learn more about tangans from any of them, I think its wise to private msg them. As time goes by, I'm sure you will know many of them.

However, if you are really keen about tangans, it would be my pleasure to extend my hand to you to share experiences with.

Raymond

P/S: If your name/s are not mentioned pls forgive me. Sincerely because I just woke up and couldn't focus much yet.
Haha Envy you bro!
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
CCT
Dragon

Thanks raymond for the information.

Didnt know there is club available as the african cichlids chats here seems much quiet. Haha

Anyway i started with mbuna mixed cichlids and slowly moving up to other Malawi cichlids, recently got into tanga officially by getting some duboisi and frontosa, really hope to understand them more.

Anyway my name is ivan contact 93631980, feel free to get me for any cichlids outing, will contact you for any tanga queries as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15-01-2015, 04:41 PM   #5
johannes

Hi Ivan, it is not an officially registered club.
At that time, it was a small group made up of closely-knitted Tanganyikan cichlids enthusiasts.
Old 16-01-2015, 03:31 AM   #6
CCT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
Hi Ivan, it is not an officially registered club.
At that time, it was a small group made up of closely-knitted Tanganyikan cichlids enthusiasts.
I see, hope we african cichlids enthusiasts can form a club and have our own event as well, quite bore to enthus alone.
Old 19-01-2015, 12:12 AM   #7
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCT View Post
I see, hope we african cichlids enthusiasts can form a club and have our own event as well, quite bore to enthus alone.
Hope to see you out there
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 12:14 AM   #8
CCT
Dragon

Haha hope my management allow me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk