Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 20-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #11
Yusrin
Arofanatic

Btw can Red Jewel mix with those i hv now? Som said cant coz its from different lakes/origin.. some others said can coz now all tank breeds.. not from African origin.. please advise.
Yusrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #12
CCT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusrin View Post
Hi All thanks for sharing ya feedbacks.. yeah.. i wanted to change to sand.. but then for now no time to really change the whole scape.. need to take few days off from work.. thanks..

Anw if i can hv a 4ft tank i would hv start fresh.. easier.. for now gotta remain.. perhaps when they grow bigger.. now wifey pregnant. Cant ask so much.. hahaha
Sand wise can go slowly do more research on which is suitable for you potential set up. My wife also gonna due in end April but I also got a a 4 ft and a 3ft, another 4ft otw. Haha but no rush la.

Quote:
Btw can Red Jewel mix with those i hv now? Som said cant coz its from different lakes/origin.. some others said can coz now all tank breeds.. not from African origin.. please advise.
As long you have cave should not be a problem, tank mate with Mbuna is fine.

CCT
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 03:29 PM   #13
Yusrin
Arofanatic

Wow CCT.. thats quite a big space needed for all the tanks. Mine 4 room BTO.. small sqft.. so no space yet for 4ft.. maybe next yr then can la..
Old 20-02-2015, 06:18 PM   #14
Brichardi
Dragon

Quote:
Singapore water is suitably for most fishes and any fishes that lfs sell should be ok to keep. Most importantly is compatibility and aggression amongst the fishes....that's when fishes will die thru stress due to attacks. Anyway, imo, your tank is NOT big and is already accommodating 20 cichlids, so unless you plan to have a bigger tank, I feel its better not to add more fishes atm.
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 06:21 PM   #15
Yusrin
Arofanatic

CCT.. no lah bro.. im asking on behalf of my friend who also has a 4ft tank.. mine of coz cannot la..
Old 20-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #16
Yusrin
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
Singapore water is suitably for most fishes and any fishes that lfs sell should be ok to keep. Most importantly is compatibility and aggression amongst the fishes....that's when fishes will die thru stress due to attacks. Anyway, imo, your tank is NOT big and is already accommodating 20 cichlids, so unless you plan to have a bigger tank, I feel its better not to add more fishes atm.
Oppss.. sorry.. i meant bro Brichardi.
Old 20-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #17
Brichardi
Dragon

Any mixture of cichlids from diff lakes of Africa is ok la, our Singapore water suitable for them. Most importantly like I said is compatability of the fishes as some are territorial. Here is a link on red jewel cichlid....

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fish/redjewel.php

Hope it helps.
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #18
Yusrin
Arofanatic

Ok bro Brichardi.. thanks for the info.
Old 25-02-2015, 11:47 AM   #19
CCT
Dragon

Haha i also stay in 4rm BTO ma, its a matter of how you nego with your wife on the space needed, haha i am using my living L-Shape only.

Red jewel is fine with other African Cichlids, i also keeping ma.
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote