Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 17-08-2003, 03:07 PM   #41
Vil

nice!!
gill dev looks a lot like mine
now just waiting for the whole area to be covered

Old 17-08-2003, 03:23 PM   #42
shermie
Senior Dragon

thanx for sharing ken bro. Very useful information, and of course, great aro i'll either shift this thread to tank setup and sticky it or move it to FAQs forums, when the discussion here is over.
Old 17-08-2003, 03:35 PM   #43
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally posted by Vil
nice!!
gill dev looks a lot like mine
now just waiting for the whole area to be covered
Was tryng to catch a glimpse of your red. Seem like it go into hiding. Can see your collection of aros growing & growing. Wow! Couldn't believe my eye. Such beautiful setup & collection in less than 6 months. Fanstatic!

Old 17-08-2003, 03:39 PM   #44
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally posted by shermie
thanx for sharing ken bro. Very useful information, and of course, great aro i'll either shift this thread to tank setup and sticky it or move it to FAQs forums, when the discussion here is over.
A shot at sticky or FAQ? Wow! Never thought of that. Was hopping to experience more lighting choices & get the best out of my ordinary reds. Will be great if we see more contributions here, with pics of course!

Old 17-08-2003, 03:54 PM   #45
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally posted by piertiong
so which resembles your arowana most closely?
Left this out until I got the photoshot of the aro in total natural lighting. We can see as of current, non of my lighting can give the same effect as sunlight. Maybe the metal halide range with CRI >90 with PL red/red combination may be closer. Then metal halide made for aquarium is just too expensive to experiment with. Maybe bros with planted tank using metal halide can experiment & share here?

Old 17-08-2003, 04:58 PM   #46
Vil

Quote:
Originally posted by ken_yg
Was tryng to catch a glimpse of your red. Seem like it go into hiding. Can see your collection of aros growing & growing. Wow! Couldn't believe my eye. Such beautiful setup & collection in less than 6 months. Fanstatic!
try this
http://www.arofanatics.com/members/vil/red2/

i still think it look better in real, my picts cant really capture the real color, esp with flash

Old 17-08-2003, 05:13 PM   #47
ken_yg

Quote:
Originally posted by Vil
try this

i still think it look better in real, my picts cant really capture the real color, esp with flash
It's good to locate the tank near windows. This way, we sure can shoot good natural looking photo.
Your red & mine got same kind of scale shine. I'm hoping it will be a thin frame type of red. Then I saw some more mature emperor with thick frame. Look like it will be thick frame too.
I don't like taking pic with flash too. Somehow, just can't get the hand of it. My digital don't allow me to control the flash sufficiently - just low level. I probably need much lower setting without compromising exposure.

Old 17-08-2003, 09:27 PM   #48
Alan Koh

Quote:
Originally posted by agitato
bro alan, by a set of Arcadia tubes, how many tubes of FL do u mean? single or double?
Hi agitato,

I am using 2 tubes of 30W Arcadia Tubes for 4x2x2 tank.

Old 17-08-2003, 09:32 PM   #49
Alan Koh

Quote:
Originally posted by Vil
try this

Hi Vil,

I can understand the feeling of orange rims development being flash away by the camera flash. Too little flash... cannot capture the fish sharply.... too much flash... colour got wash away... haizzz..

Maybe photography experts out there can help us to minimise this problem.

Regards,
Alan Koh

Old 17-08-2003, 10:05 PM   #50
Vil

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Koh
Hi Vil,

I can understand the feeling of orange rims development being flash away by the camera flash. Too little flash... cannot capture the fish sharply.... too much flash... colour got wash away... haizzz..

Maybe photography experts out there can help us to minimise this problem.

Regards,
Alan Koh
well
another solution is to have more patience and wait for the color to intensify, good reds never scared flash!