Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 25-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #41
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Woah this filter can really trap alot of debris! i forgot to wash the wool in the filter for about 3 weeks and the amount of sand and dirt it trapped made the wool turned black in color, the filter's flowrate slowed down by half too (thats what made me wash it actually) pour all the media out and washed with tank water as well.

My experience with this internal filter so far is that :
If you are using it as a addition bio-filtration to your tank, it is indeed a great addition. Being able to hold quite a large amount of bio-media, able to trap debris with its good design (top and bottom water inlet) and most importantly, very very affordable price. i must say this is the best internal filter i have ever used in my tank.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #42
Hyde289

Wao~~~

Hmm~~~ interesting~~

then for the example before, if I put 2 ez-40 pump plus 1 2500/hrs 2 canister pump for the 5 x 2 x 2 is it enough?
Old 26-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #43
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde289 View Post
Wao~~~

Hmm~~~ interesting~~

then for the example before, if I put 2 ez-40 pump plus 1 2500/hrs 2 canister pump for the 5 x 2 x 2 is it enough?
it will have to depend on your bioload. Low - mid bioload. Yes its enough with sufficient water change. if bioload is high, an additional canister will be good.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #44
Vitor
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
For those with side IOUS and sump system, this would be perfect for the Overflow compt.
Sorry to bring out a old thread, w the above mentioned Filter box.
looks like a top and bottom inlet filtration system similar to a IOUS.

but i cant visual the above statement that "perfect for the overflow compartment" ... How?

as i using IOUS, i find the evaporation rate v high... maybe is that half my tank is using wire mesh... thus air evaporation is fast.

abt each day i need to top up 1.5L of water loss.
Vitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #45
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
Sorry to bring out a old thread, w the above mentioned Filter box.
looks like a top and bottom inlet filtration system similar to a IOUS.

but i cant visual the above statement that "perfect for the overflow compartment" ... How?

as i using IOUS, i find the evaporation rate v high... maybe is that half my tank is using wire mesh... thus air evaporation is fast.

abt each day i need to top up 1.5L of water loss.
My sump last compartment drops about 6" of water in a week. Just enough drop to maintain the last compt water level above my pump inlet, prior to my weekly water change. I have a ventilation fan running 24/7 in my sump cabinet, but I use glass covers on my main tank. So it may be because of your wire mesh, that causes your high evaporation rate.

Regds to the statement "perfect for the overflow compartment", please read the full sentence... "For those with SIDE IOUS and sump system, this would be perfect for the Overflow compt." My tank is customised with a side IOUS rather than a corner IOUS. raising the the water level in that compartment can allow me to install this filter as an additional bio/mech filtration prior to water entering the sump compartment. Not sure on the size of a corner IOUS compt, since both my setups are side IOUS. Might or might not be able to fit this filter in.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #46
Vitor
Dragon

I think I catch where u r coming from, that means mine also can fit ,likely. Mine also side ious. But my set up a little diff.. mine 1st compartment is wool then 2layer BH the a big of CR then Japan mat,then eheim substrate pro. 2nd compartment is CC and internal UV w pump. Then lastly just pump back to tank. The 2nd and 3rd compartment is divided by half height glass. The top half empty. Thus tat is space. Anyway dropping that ideal as my tank only 1x 10" xb ,2x 3"FF ,and a 3" pleco...inside got DW and plants ....so my filtration should be ok... then I dun add filter lor.... thinking of changing out BH ...making my water flow slow.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #47
mike.ng
Arofanatic

Is it better to stack the biohomme. It may work best if you could allow due to your space constraints
mike.ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:17 AM   #48
Vitor
Dragon

Took out the BH... Throw it beside the pump.

Then water flow super fast.... Thinking to upgrade media.... But thinking using matrix or biohomme plus.... Hmmm end of the day, am thinking just CR , biohomme or matrix, then eheim substrate pro.....
Old 10-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #49
Planted

Bringing up an old thread.

The same concern I had with TS is the replacement of pump as the wattage is too high, causing the increase in temperature for my tank. Nonetheless, it is definitely a good pump as it serves its function very well.

Have anyone tried and found a suitable fit-in pump?
Old 26-09-2017, 02:15 PM   #50
millenium
Senior Dragon

I modified the skimmer compartment with a big piece of bio foam and add coral chips and seachem matrix to the two baskets inside. It can easily support two fh in a three feet tank.
millenium is offline   Reply With Quote