Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #1
limrr
Arofanatic

Default Thick Bar NTT vs 3 Bar IT

Anyone has switched to the recent batch of thick bar NTT. They are so stable and easy to train to take mp not those above 4 inches. I have bought 6 of them. I think they are confirmed cleaned rather than those mini 3 bar IT which grow up to become unclean or unstable . Other than SDS , I think it is a better deal than IT.
limrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
eNox
Arofanatic

can post pic mah? want see leh. thick de ntt
eNox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:31 AM   #3
radiolite22

Quote:
Originally Posted by limrr View Post
Anyone has switched to the recent batch of thick bar NTT. They are so stable and easy to train to take mp not those above 4 inches. I have bought 6 of them. I think they are confirmed cleaned rather than those mini 3 bar IT which grow up to become unclean or unstable . Other than SDS , I think it is a better deal than IT.
NTT has been around for a long time... It is not a favored type of tiger fish amongst the rest (compared to ST and IT) due to its thin bar...

However, the recent breed of thick bar NTT has attracted much attention and lotsa farms (local or those oversea) tries to pass them off as young ST in order to fetch a higher price...

An NTT is still an NTT... Experienced keepers can tell immediately especially young NTTs. So far haven seen the thick bar NTT when they grow above 12" so can't comment how they will turn out in terms of the proportion of their bars to their base colour. A fact is NTTs are indeed more stable than ITs but I feel their black bars tends to be lighter in colour and body base colour too light... That's why overall the fish may feel "pale" to the look.

Worth it or not its up to individual... Some people may find paying a few grands for an ST is worth it while others may find it otherwise...

Just my thoughts...
Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 AM   #4
mrnyunus
Dragon

Thumbs up

Agree..supply n demand work hand in hand in most modern trades,A specific species are genred to their specific sceintific name/s given..so ya a ntt is a ntt or ngt is ngt ,thicked barred or not thats the farms who cld genetically alter fish or x breed to suit global demand..
I'm a conservative,my livestocks are as such too..just my pennys worth
mrnyunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:18 AM   #5
mshak
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyunus View Post
Agree..supply n demand work hand in hand in most modern trades,A specific species are genred to their specific sceintific name/s given..so ya a ntt is a ntt or ngt is ngt ,thicked barred or not thats the farms who cld genetically alter fish or x breed to suit global demand..
I'm a conservative,my livestocks are as such too..just my pennys worth
i concur with u

Mini ITs also prone to sds i realise as i tried keeping before death rate as high as ntt lo sighz =(

anyway i never seen so called thick bar NTT grow up the bar is still as thick de lo if any one see before please update me this noobie

but for me any tiger i keep except ngt as its too overly territorial n aggresive to other tigers ler thus still hoping to have a dedicated tank for all tigers =) only comm friendly ngt allowed but hard to find LOL

Last edited by mshak; 03-04-2013 at 03:19 AM.
mshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
betppl
Dragon

IMO those so called "thick bar" Ntt are just normal Ntt. Just a marketing gimmick to satisfy the market craving for thick bar tiger fishes.

Ntt are definitely much brighter than IT even when unstable. Both types are a joy to watch.
betppl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
TRIX
Senior Dragon

How thick can it be from recent batch of NTT? Any pics?
What I have seen at lfs are just still just normal NTT.
TRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
Kamiluddin
Arofanatic

Anyone here care to share some picture of the thick bar NTT
Kamiluddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
Nevin
Dragon

Yes, love to see the pic of "thick bar" NTT
Nevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #10
cher boon
Senior Dragon

Ntt sds also occur at big size like 12inc that why don't so favourable to most tiger senior here.
cher boon is offline   Reply With Quote