Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 11-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #21
mictok
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by naser90096 View Post
thx for ur replies bros...

the mbu is more active since last nite. i have 2 ceylon puffers 5", the mbu 4" and the 2 mini fahaka in my 2.5x2ft tank. yesterday afternoon i remove partition separating the mbu n ceylon puffers. by evening the mbu is more active n relaxed... they dun fight, even the mini fahaka seems to be doing well. but the mbu still not feeding yet. did 30% wc last nite though but did not add the parzi gold - should i continue to add the parzi gold?

and i did get some gs n put some in the tank. did not see mbu eating, but the other 2 bigger puffers are enjoying the gs...

can i get another mbu n comm them together? plan to remove the ceylon puffers when the mbu is bigger... u guys think comming the mbu will work?
Should continue to treat until it start to eat again,these juvenile eats a lot so it don't make sense tat it is not eating.
Possible to comm most most puffer when juvenile but not semi adult,Mbu got higher rate to comm together although I had witness a shipment of a gp of MBA killed each other.

Last edited by mictok; 11-04-2013 at 08:20 PM.
mictok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #22
naser90096
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mictok View Post
Should continue to treat until it start to eat again,these juvenile eats a lot so it don't make sense tat it is not eating.
Possible to comm most most puffer when juvenile but not semi adult,Mbu got higher rate to comm together although I had witness a shipment of a gp of MBA killed each other.
ok. noted...
will update when they have stablised ...
naser90096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #23
juliustaking

How is your MBU now bro?
Old 15-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #24
naser90096
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliustaking View Post
How is your MBU now bro?
my mbu is eating now... its also more active but sometimes juz sits at the bottom. The colour/pattern is still dark at the top - maybe still not fully stable yet. below is a vid of the puffer comm. will be upgrading their tank to a 3X2.5ft tank soon ...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 15-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #25
shagy382

Puffers are not like any other fish bro, they dont spend the whole day swimming around. Sometimes, they will just lay down on the ground and do nothing. My advice is to stop whacking your anti-parasite meds unless you are sure there is a problem. These scaleless fish are very sensitive to meds and water conditions. Any stool to look at?

Also, these puffers, fahaka and mbus are not meant to be comm together. Fahakas are definitely more active and will burrow into the sand if the sand is provided. Ideally if you can afford, better to comm the mbu alone in the tank and just keep the water clean and just let it slowly adjust to the conditions. Cut down the feeding to once every two days, and also make sure the water current is not too strong.

I cant view ur youtube video, best is to provide pics.
Old 15-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #26
shagy382

Also, if you are intending to keep these puffers long term, they all should be separated. Anyone who deals with puffers will advice against comming them all together.

The fahakas will eventually fight with one another, your mbu is likely stressed by the fahakas n ceylons. Mbu is more reserved. Also, do not turn on your lights for your tank for the time being. Puffers are very observant of their surroundings, thats why they are able to follow your finger around like a dog in a tank. So just give it more time to adjust, and keep the disturbances low.

Last edited by shagy382; 15-04-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 15-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #27
naser90096
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagy382 View Post
Puffers are not like any other fish bro, they dont spend the whole day swimming around. Sometimes, they will just lay down on the ground and do nothing. My advice is to stop whacking your anti-parasite meds unless you are sure there is a problem. These scaleless fish are very sensitive to meds and water conditions. Any stool to look at?

Also, these puffers, fahaka and mbus are not meant to be comm together. Fahakas are definitely more active and will burrow into the sand if the sand is provided. Ideally if you can afford, better to comm the mbu alone in the tank and just keep the water clean and just let it slowly adjust to the conditions. Cut down the feeding to once every two days, and also make sure the water current is not too strong.

I cant view ur youtube video, best is to provide pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagy382 View Post
Also, if you are intending to keep these puffers long term, they all should be separated. Anyone who deals with puffers will advice against comming them all together.

The fahakas will eventually fight with one another, your mbu is likely stressed by the fahakas n ceylons. Mbu is more reserved. Also, do not turn on your lights for your tank for the time being. Puffers are very observant of their surroundings, thats why they are able to follow your finger around like a dog in a tank. So just give it more time to adjust, and keep the disturbances low.
thx for ur advise bro ... the puffers will even tually go to individual tanks, especially the mbu n fahaka (only 1 pc will be kept)... currently my spare tank is used by other fishes ...
Old 15-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #28
juliustaking

Naseer my MBU is also just sitting on the floor, but eating... and your rep is so high haha
Old 15-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #29
jovianli

bette get rid of the ceylon they aint fully freshwater and to a certain stage they will die unless fully convert to saltwater .
Old 15-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #30
mictok
Dragon

Usually when it eat full will rest at bottom tank,if you want to see it swim then let it go hungry.
mictok is offline   Reply With Quote