Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2006, 01:43 AM   #71
destination33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpion View Post
ya i know wat u mean - my very FIRST lobsters were blue marron...both died within a week but at least it led me to you guys i tink for them really need to control temp.

ok Bro Tualatin pls put time
Ya man.. i even got a chiller specially for the Marron!! But they always seems to died upon moulting or for no reason Sighhh... The longest surivor was in my tank for 5 months before it went to meet his other friends who went off first.

Old 27-11-2006, 05:04 AM   #72
blackBRUSHalgae

Quote:
Originally Posted by destination33 View Post
Ya man.. i even got a chiller specially for the Marron!! But they always seems to died upon moulting or for no reason Sighhh... The longest surivor was in my tank for 5 months before it went to meet his other friends who went off first.

Like all crustaceans, who normally molt and shedding their skin periodically, shrimps are very sensitive to toxic like NH4 and heavy metals. When their environment becomes toxic( especially HEAVY METALS), molting stops, because the old, hard shell is less permeable than a new, soft one. After a while, however, infections develop under the old shell, along with holes and deformities. That gives an epidemic a chance to develop.

Old 27-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #73
Tualatin

Quote:
Yap Yap.. But the destructor still kind of small.. abt 2 to 3 inch.
So when your exams ending?? Juz let me know when u going lah. I should be at QH between 1 to 4 Dec

All right man!!! Maybe can have a lobster gathering at The Fish Room one of these days hahaha...
I see, sounds like a good time, will let you know again. My exams end on the 1st morning. Maybe can head over on that evening and discuss again. Hehe.

Old 27-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #74
Tualatin

Quote:
Hahaha.. Okie! Will let Bro Tualatin decide on the date cos i believe now his exam period.

Hee.. Juz can't seems to resist the cute cute lobsters So far whites and destructors are my favourite for now. Anyway no more expensive exotic especially marron and koonac. Bui Ta Han!!! They juz can't seems to be able to adapt to our temp and water..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpion View Post
ya i know wat u mean - my very FIRST lobsters were blue marron...both died within a week but at least it led me to you guys i tink for them really need to control temp.

ok Bro Tualatin pls put time
Yup yup, not to worry, I am hearing your guys. Luckily the exams are coming to an end. Perhaps next Fri evening (1st Dec) might be a good time, but will confirm again in due time. Stay tuned to our exclusive thread, hahaha.

Exotics are really almost irresistable, just take a look at those foreign galleries from Germany and Japan, can't help but to be drawn toward these beauties. However, we always get a reality check from time to time, since the exoticness often associates with pretty exotic pricing too. We do need to keep our wallets and bank accounts in check too. Through research, trials and discussion among our small yet active crayfish community over here, hopefully we can find a way to sustain these majestic creatures in our sunny island of Singapore.

Bro Sharpion, you are brave and really learnt it the hard way man, I feel for you. Marrons are usually among the last couple of species we tried out in our never ending crayfish quest and the same couple of species we are having little success with.

Among bros Lobsterman, destination33 and me, I guess we must have lost a sizeable number of these magnificent aquatic critters.

Old 27-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #75
Sharpion
Arofanatic

Brave is not the word man...BLUR is more like it no la, it was a present from someone who didn't understand the implications.

Ya agree, we need to pool our brains, experiences and even $$$ and work towards bringing in the exotics

ok i blocked off 1 Dec in prep for this meeting

REST OF U COME ALSO
Old 27-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #76
peacockbasss

hmmm...
can different species of lobsters mate to produce unique offspring?
haha

Old 28-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #77
Lonerboi

i believe so. Alot of bros here are having experimental labs to "mutate" the species...

Currently trying to cross breed blue and red lobby... Guess not the season so no off springs yet =/

Old 28-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #78
Tualatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockbasss View Post
hmmm...
can different species of lobsters mate to produce unique offspring?
haha
Species within the same family has the chance to cross breed successfully, eg: Procambarus with Procambarus, Cherax with Cherax.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #79
Tualatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tualatin View Post
Yup yup, not to worry, I am hearing your guys. Luckily the exams are coming to an end. Perhaps next Fri evening (1st Dec) might be a good time, but will confirm again in due time. Stay tuned to our exclusive thread, hahaha.

Exotics are really almost irresistable, just take a look at those foreign galleries from Germany and Japan, can't help but to be drawn toward these beauties. However, we always get a reality check from time to time, since the exoticness often associates with pretty exotic pricing too. We do need to keep our wallets and bank accounts in check too. Through research, trials and discussion among our small yet active crayfish community over here, hopefully we can find a way to sustain these majestic creatures in our sunny island of Singapore.

Bro Sharpion, you are brave and really learnt it the hard way man, I feel for you. Marrons are usually among the last couple of species we tried out in our never ending crayfish quest and the same couple of species we are having little success with.

Among bros Lobsterman, destination33 and me, I guess we must have lost a sizeable number of these magnificent aquatic critters.
Looks like today is a good day to go TFR. I will be there later today, so if any of you want to pop along, do feel free to do so.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #80
fireopal

hi..
saw some colombian amoured shrimp today at C328..
anyone got experience with those?

Closed Thread