Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Qian Hu

Old 04-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #61
noobmiyavi
AFC Member

Hi Qian Hu Person In Charge,

I recently purchased a Hydra 50 for my 522 tank. I am currently running OHF on that tank at the moment, but I intend to use the Hydra 50 to supplement and further improve the water quality of the tank. I have a few questions to ask, don't mind if you can give me the appropriate answers

1. How often must I change the cata pure cartridge? In the instruction stated 1 year, however I am not going to use it as my primary filter, will the lifespan be longer? How will I know if it is time to change? Will there by any symptons given out by the fish or a change in water quality?

2. If I wanna test the water parameters, I am currently using API freshwater test kit to test the various parameters(PH,Ammonia,Nitrite,Nitrate). Will the test kit be able to measure the accurate elements even with the introduction of the Hydra?

Looking forward to your answers
noobmiyavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #62
gcce

Hi Qian Hu,
Quick question on the difference between Hydra 30 & 40. I'm considering one as a secondary/backup filter (i'm already using the hydra stream).

I'm aware that flow rate is higher & filter chamber is larger for the Hydra 40 (which is the reason it is spec for a larger tank size). The power consumption should be slightly higher as well for the Hydra 40.

What about the Cata-Pure cartridges used in Hydra 30 vs 40? Any difference? How many cartridges are required?
Thanks
gcce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #63
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobmiyavi View Post
Hi Qian Hu Person In Charge,

I recently purchased a Hydra 50 for my 522 tank. I am currently running OHF on that tank at the moment, but I intend to use the Hydra 50 to supplement and further improve the water quality of the tank. I have a few questions to ask, don't mind if you can give me the appropriate answers

1. How often must I change the cata pure cartridge? In the instruction stated 1 year, however I am not going to use it as my primary filter, will the lifespan be longer? How will I know if it is time to change? Will there by any symptons given out by the fish or a change in water quality?

2. If I wanna test the water parameters, I am currently using API freshwater test kit to test the various parameters(PH,Ammonia,Nitrite,Nitrate). Will the test kit be able to measure the accurate elements even with the introduction of the Hydra?

Looking forward to your answers

Hi,

Thanks alot for your purchases.

1) The life span of the cata pure is 1 year and it is advisable to change it after 1 year of usage. So long as you are using it everyday be it primary or secondary filter, the life span will be the same as it is constantly producing hydroxide ions. There will not be any significant changes in appearance but you should be able to monitor a drastic change in water perimeter once the life span is up as during normal operation, the water perimeter will be quite consistent or only some slight deviation due to the constant bio load that is being release by the fish and fish foods

2) Hydra will helps to improve on the quality of the water perimeter with constant usage but it won't affect the accuracy of individual test kit that are being use to take the measurement.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #64
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcce View Post
Hi Qian Hu,
Quick question on the difference between Hydra 30 & 40. I'm considering one as a secondary/backup filter (i'm already using the hydra stream).

I'm aware that flow rate is higher & filter chamber is larger for the Hydra 40 (which is the reason it is spec for a larger tank size). The power consumption should be slightly higher as well for the Hydra 40.

What about the Cata-Pure cartridges used in Hydra 30 vs 40? Any difference? How many cartridges are required?
Thanks
Hi,

The cata pure use is the same in every model except the qty of cartridges in every model is different. Hydra 30 is having 1 cartridge and Hydra 40 is having 2 cartridges.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 11-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #65
caiweilian

Hi QH, i have a hydra30 and it seems like despite changing a few tubes, there is still no air coming into the filtre. Is it broken?
caiweilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #66
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiweilian View Post
Hi QH, i have a hydra30 and it seems like despite changing a few tubes, there is still no air coming into the filtre. Is it broken?
Hi,

Thanks for your purchase. For Hydra Filter venturi to function well, it has to place quite near to the water surface, maybe about just 2 to 3cm below water level. However, the functionality of the venturi will not affect the effectivenes and efficiency of Hydra.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 12-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #67
dhmy3kgto
Arofanatic

Hi QH,

Are the replacement cartridges for the Hydra 50 out yet? If not, is there an expected date? Thanks!!
dhmy3kgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #68
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhmy3kgto View Post
Hi QH,

Are the replacement cartridges for the Hydra 50 out yet? If not, is there an expected date? Thanks!!
Hi,

Sorry to inform that the replacement cartridges is not out yet but we expect it to be out by this year end. Will post an update when the stocks has arrive and sorry to have kept you waiting.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 13-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #69
dhmy3kgto
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qian Hu View Post
Hi,

Sorry to inform that the replacement cartridges is not out yet but we expect it to be out by this year end. Will post an update when the stocks has arrive and sorry to have kept you waiting.
Thanks for the reply. Hope to hear good news soon!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
dhmy3kgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #70
Tay
Dragon

Hi,

Can I check will the water temp affect the use of Hydra or stream? Say 30 degree.

If I attached a pump say flow rate of about 600l/hr to stream 1 using this set up as the main filtration system for conditioning fishes for say 3 week to a month. Will clean the cartridge for the nxt batch of fishes. Will this work?
Tay is offline   Reply With Quote