Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Qian Hu

Old 17-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #141
ftech

Default Hydra 20

I have been using the Hydra20 for a few months now for my simple 2ft tank. There is no other filtration in it. I am just a typical average fish hobbyist that play with simple bare minimum setup. All my life I have tried many internal filters before and also sponge filters, overhead filters, hand on filters etc... This Hydra filter is quite amazing. Every week I change 10% of water. Haven't even open the hydra to wash before. Somehow the water always just remains clear and no smell at all. 50 over assorted small fishes and shrimps are healthy. I must say, all my Iife, I have never seen an internal filter work so well before.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 17-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #142
fdelity
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftech View Post
I have been using the Hydra20 for a few months now for my simple 2ft tank. There is no other filtration in it. I am just a typical average fish hobbyist that play with simple bare minimum setup. All my life I have tried many internal filters before and also sponge filters, overhead filters, hand on filters etc... This Hydra filter is quite amazing. Every week I change 10% of water. Haven't even open the hydra to wash before. Somehow the water always just remains clear and no smell at all. 50 over assorted small fishes and shrimps are healthy. I must say, all my Iife, I have never seen an internal filter work so well before.

Bro, how many cartridge use inside hydra20 ?
fdelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #143
ftech

Hydra20 only got 1 cartridge but good enough for my simple tank with small fishes. hydra 20 flow is just right for 2ft tank. Hydra30 flow will be too strong for the fishes.
Old 18-08-2013, 01:43 AM   #144
jenson
Arofanatic

Quote:

Bro, does this Hydra 20 emits lots of air bubbles? Mine just gotten it setup today, so far barely see air bubbles but water flow is strong enough, my gfs are livelier and very active with that in addition to my existing filter.
jenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #145
ftech

Hi bro, I did not fix the air tube, and I place below the water surface, so I didn't have any air bubbles. If u did not use the tubing, and u put the top of the hydra at the water surface, it may draw bubbles. Else u can adjust the flow rate slower to reduce the bubbles being drawn.
Old 18-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #146
fdelity
Arofanatic

Bro, how to adjust the flowrate?
fdelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #147
jenson
Arofanatic

Quote:
Hi bro, I did not fix the air tube, and I place below the water surface, so I didn't have any air bubbles. If u did not use the tubing, and u put the top of the hydra at the water surface, it may draw bubbles. Else u can adjust the flow rate slower to reduce the bubbles being drawn.
Bro, mine also have the unit below the surface but i just attach the tube. I tot its supposed to be put below water to achieve best results?so far day 2 still crystal clear.
Old 18-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #148
jenson
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdelity View Post
Bro, how to adjust the flowrate?
There's a control with a + - sign each at one side, its between the upper and lower part of the unit. To increase the flow rate, just slide towards + more
Old 18-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #149
ftech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenson View Post
Bro, mine also have the unit below the surface but i just attach the tube. I tot its supposed to be put below water to achieve best results?so far day 2 still crystal clear.
Hi bro, if u want bubbles, the hydra must be place near water surface. If too deep, it do not have the drawing pressure to suck bubble from the top. Secondly, if u also use the black attachment at the other end of the tube, that thing can be adjusted for amount of air bubble.
Old 18-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #150
marcuslee80
Dragon

if u r a itchy-backside person like me whom always buy fishes whenever u liked resulting in overstocking.. hydra is a a good complimentary product.. my main tank 5x2.5x2.5 was running with a 4 ft sump and 2x hydra 50 with over 20 fishes with 2 5 inch ray... all eating and water crystal clear...
marcuslee80 is offline   Reply With Quote