Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Announcements & Guidelines

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #31
jwhtan
Barney

I've tweaked the system to one click per 24 hour period and 200 rep points to increase one rep altering power. The first post has been updated accordingly.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #32
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo

my dear mod,
why is this needed, if you allow ppl to zap u without any reason, and up you without any reason....Is this what the rep system work right now ???

and why is it need to implement this new rule if this system dont really work as far as I concern...

why not just keep to the original concept, up and zap from all the member as and when they like, and not giving comment or name, if the mod think that the rep system work in this forum???
figo
i dunno how u linked the two different things together ... what is wrong to implement this new rule ? it allows us to have a tighter control over the number of points that can be added or zapped daily since it now appears to me there are a lot of people with spare points available w/o knowing what to do with them ... anyway whether there is this new rule or dun hv this new rule, u also dun think the system works, so wat's your fuss about ?

But for us, we know it works and that's good enough for us. What you feel, as far as yourself is concerned, we'll just leave it to yourself with all due respect
Old 08-04-2005, 12:17 PM   #33
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiokmc
same la same la .... 1 zap/up 2 zap/up...same same la .....

well, unLeSs u hate/liKe someone veri veri veri muCh even then, u gotta spread to 50 others before getting back to that person again ..... that would b like 50days later... haha
used to be 25 days ... now 50 days and now less "spare" points that one does not know wat to do with
Old 08-04-2005, 12:49 PM   #34
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidnoise
can i post a view.
this rep helps to think b4 we post lah. so in order not to zap too much post things ppl wanna hear. its a world we live in. Its all not for real its a vitual world these forum seriously. I think this rep issue will go on forever debating shd or shd not. I was against it but in the end i embrace it. hehehe very shiok to c rep keep going up. when kena zap quick quick pei zui. hehehe
Its not real to reflect ur true character this rep thing. so take it as a game to get rep up loh. there are always cheat code u in get my drift.

John I must say I am impressed with your command of english. I saw u once and I can never in my wildest dream pic ur words with your look. hahahahaha. Seriously very power command of language. In future when I do my thesis for my masters degree can i get u to vet thru for me? hehehe
Some of the mods and the admin just had a meeting on Wednesday, including Alvin Koh ... we're of the opinion that the system works ... for the very fact that members are bothered about being zapped and cheers to getting added is by itself signs that this works, all the moanings and the whinings are also signs that it works, although they are irritating. You're right it does not reflect your true character. This reflects however your online persona, how you get along with others and how others relate to you.

I know I look errrr, not very much like what I typed, too Beng and not the kind of goody two shoes one would associate with my online persona. Well, just one of those things.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #35
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungle
I have one question, when u up or zap someone, does it mean the clock start then and u have to wait 24 hours from the moment u did the upping/zapping? I believe now we can only zap or up ppl once a day so I need to know when the timing is up again.
24 hour from your last zap or add ...
Old 26-04-2005, 07:02 PM   #36
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroboy II
Bro jwhtan, I suggest under user CP can we have a list of all the ppl upzzz for us? compared now limited to 5pps record. Thanks.
the reason is we do not want to keep a huge data base for these points ... our two servers are nearing capacity and having more of these just slows it down ..
Old 27-04-2005, 04:41 PM   #37
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungle
in that case may i suggest you clamp down hard on those who never bother to search the thread before asking the same question over and over again?
I wish to but it's really tedious to do many things at the same time ... let this whole rep issue settle down and the community knows exactly wat this is for before we do something else ... u've seen the backlash we get and we really need a breather before going on to educate our members to do something else ..

There are a couple of things we need to do .... we need to convince Vil to come back, we need to find a replacement for Shirley at Guppy Talk ... we need to collate the orders for the Planted Forums T-shirts ... and Alvin is preparing for his big day ... there are many things to do, but very little hands
Old 27-04-2005, 05:22 PM   #38
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahl
I agree about taking things in stride. Too many rules spoil the broth.

Actually if there is a further change I would make, it is when replying, do not quote the whole text, especially the images code, since that would make the thread excessively long.
this is another aspect that takes up server space ... but it's more towards educating the members to do so ...we can always implement this same method like u quote whole posts, ur reps get deducted but that again will create another set of backlash ... actually deep inside, these rep points are worthless, nothing for one to fret about
Old 03-05-2005, 05:18 PM   #39
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroboy II
I agree with you that these Quote: rep points are worthless, nothing for one to fret about Unquote.

But why some bro got rep power of 2 but reputation also 2 while other popular bro have more reputation points but the rep power still at 1? Any reason? Please advise. Thanks.
pls read the first post on the mechanics ... pls do not ask repeated same questions that has been answered ... rep points and rep power are two different mechanics
Old 06-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #40
Jack
Dragon

Hi, Mods. I've posted this suggestion in another but it doesnt seem to get much attention from the Mods, so i decide to paste it here. Wat do you think of the suggestion? Is it feasible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
How abt making the personal detailed rep point page where we can see all the individual ups and zaps of our rep points in our user cp public?

The identity of the member who changes another's rep points can still remain anonymous to protect the integrity of the rep point system but at least, in this way the public will have a more justified view of the rep points a member have. ie, the public can see for themselves the real reasons and value behind a member's rep points rather then just a nominal value.

For example, a member's rep points may have been zapped or upped for no apparent reasons. By making the personal detailed rep point page public, all the members can read further behind the rep pts. In this way, the intergrity, purposes and benefits of rep point system can be further enhanced.
Closed Thread