Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #31
laodie
Senior Dragon

if patient enough, this fish when adult, is golden yellow in color... hopefully we can see that in ur hands bro....
Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #32
fishyfrens
Arofanatic

more dorado poison...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S70_noF1eg
Old 08-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #33
gavin
Endangered Dragon

go QH farm.. they got a big one there..
Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #34
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by laodie View Post
if patient enough, this fish when adult, is golden yellow in color... hopefully we can see that in ur hands bro....
since i only got 1 pc it will never leave my tank. so as long as it can do well in my tank everyone will definitely get to c it turn golden yellow under my care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfrens View Post
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

seems like quite a peaceful comm without any nip fins by the dorados. hope it will b like this for my tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
go QH farm.. they got a big one there..
keep fr small better. i prefer to keep fr small is to enjoy it slowly change color n also for it to get used to its friends in the tank. so chances of attacks when it get bigger is less. cos used to those fishes swimming with it liao.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #35
BigeyeFish
Dragon

Very nice dorado you got bro edwin and you really fast hand fast leg to get a fish for your new 6ft. The greenish yellow body is too attractive to be resisted isnt it? hahaha...

I also got one just 2 weeks ago and it has just acclimatise to take MP now and their growth rate is quite amazing. 2 wks ago still kena chase by my african pike but yesterday the dorado @5" can par the 9" african pike liao.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #36
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigeyeFish View Post
Very nice dorado you got bro edwin and you really fast hand fast leg to get a fish for your new 6ft. The greenish yellow body is too attractive to be resisted isnt it? hahaha...

I also got one just 2 weeks ago and it has just acclimatise to take MP now and their growth rate is quite amazing. 2 wks ago still kena chase by my african pike but yesterday the dorado @5" can par the 9" african pike liao.
not fast la. cos i need to get some calibration liquid for my meters mah. so went to petmart to get. but only manage to get for pH. then i know there is this shop at that area that have exotics. so just drop by to c what they have. its just right time, right place, right price nia.

whats the growth like for urs in the last 2 wks?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #37
BigeyeFish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
not fast la. cos i need to get some calibration liquid for my meters mah. so went to petmart to get. but only manage to get for pH. then i know there is this shop at that area that have exotics. so just drop by to c what they have. its just right time, right place, right price nia.

whats the growth like for urs in the last 2 wks?
wow. lucky day, lucky time and got lucky price (fish and cost)! hahaha..

over the last 2 weeks, the first week was kinda slow cos eat very small pieces of MP and didnt show any growth but 2md week whack the same MP size as the rest of fishes. It has grow about 1". I think it grows so fast is becos it keeps swimming left right up down at fast speed than the rest. hehehehe.. you also like the way it swims right?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #38
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigeyeFish View Post
wow. lucky day, lucky time and got lucky price (fish and cost)! hahaha..

over the last 2 weeks, the first week was kinda slow cos eat very small pieces of MP and didnt show any growth but 2md week whack the same MP size as the rest of fishes. It has grow about 1". I think it grows so fast is becos it keeps swimming left right up down at fast speed than the rest. hehehehe.. you also like the way it swims right?
is i walk pass this tank. then c the fishes inside there wack one another si bei song. then they swim quite fast n still quite pale looking only notice the jaw n reddish fins. so i ask the boss if those r ATFs cos ciewie looking for goliaths mah. then he tell me is "黄金河虎". then i stare at them. suddenly i realize they r DORADOS!

then itchy liao lor. so i ask for price.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #39
sen_jie
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
thanks.

this species can grow up till ard 3ft (maybe ard 2ft in tank) n is quite an aggressive fish.
QUITE is an understatement

these guys are small terror. i used to hav 1 ard 8inch, once it got stable it can do massive harm especially when it is hungry.

there was once i go malaysia for 3 day, and nobody at home to feed fish. when i come home, he was the only fellow swimming in the tank happily, i cannot find my 12inch knifefish and 10inch endy, whereas he got a huge tummy
Old 08-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #40
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen_jie View Post
QUITE is an understatement

these guys are small terror. i used to hav 1 ard 8inch, once it got stable it can do massive harm especially when it is hungry.

there was once i go malaysia for 3 day, and nobody at home to feed fish. when i come home, he was the only fellow swimming in the tank happily, i cannot find my 12inch knifefish and 10inch endy, whereas he got a huge tummy
that is just their natural instinct.

if either ur endi or knife is faster the dorado will b in their tummy.

i dont judge a fish aggressiveness when its hungry. ive had fishes (EE, ropefish, etc...) that go missing/partially eaten in my tank due to hungry fishes.

Last edited by Schmike; 08-07-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Closed Thread