Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 20-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #51
uluaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy View Post
Haiz... in the end.. all potentially still classified as ...

Potamotrygon Leopoldi P13
That is why i put Black diamond P13.....
Old 20-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #52
gko
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluaking View Post
Not exactly like this lor bro..... this thread starting is to educate beginners/Newbie on how to identify a genuine BD/PDR as question is being raised with thread like "Who I am", "What is this/that" Showcase BD in thread which I personally feel is a hybrid.... no offense bro Luc like you posted the recent video.... if you were quoted 10K per pair for these hybrid, you buy? Or rather you will buy a genuine ones?

When a buyer buys in the mind of BD, obviously he does not look at hybrid which resemble like BD pure. So this thread is all about how to identify to minimize the risk of getting the non genuine rays...... In the end it is the honesty of the breeder counts....
I agree with you bro. I was contemplating to buy the male BD when you 1st offer me with the superb good price..thinking it might be hybrid. But the trust in you thus I go ahead to accept your offer.
gko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #53
uluaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gko View Post
I agree with you bro. I was contemplating to buy the male BD when you 1st offer me with the superb good price..thinking it might be hybrid. But the trust in you thus I go ahead to accept your offer.
Thank you bro .... for your trust..... I grade BD but all are genuine stuff no hoohaa stuff from me..... Like bro Ray2828 said... there are grades category which i totally agree.... thus you can see different pricing all the while.
Old 20-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #54
uluaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray2828 View Post
Many thanks to TS for begining this topic.

When you breed anything is possible. I even got PDR pups with all the features of BD and BD pups that look like PDR. Those funny shapes as shown by dennis also have. Its really diff to conclude what is what.

Utimately its the traits deemed desireable by the hobbyist that makes the difference. However these changes over time, for example today circular symathtrical patterns may be desired, who knows tomorrow odd shapes may be the fashion. Breeders will breed to what the market wants, when the market is flooded with say circular symathtrical patterns in pure white, who knows the cream odd shapes may command a premium next time this year. Hahaha in such a situation, we really have to think hard how to maintain the cream colour as the ray grows.

I would suggest a uniform P13 grading scale (which of course is valid based on prevailing "fashion trends" today) i.e

Grade 1: Excellent quality P13 aka BD, at least two circumference rings, bigger spots the better, thousand island types or ellipse, strong under belly spotting best, strong eye spottings

Grade 2: Top Quality P13 aka BD, at least one circumference ring (total at least 5 rings of spots) some under belly spots, incomplete islands or ellipses

Grade 3: Quality P13, 4 rings of spots, complete islands or ellipses

Grade 4: Delux P13, 4 rings of spots, incomplete islands or ellipses

Grade 5: Classic 321 PDR

Of course the above relates only to pure P13, some things like flag tail are a given. The term "not pure" should be reserved for P13 cross other black rays (eg P12, P14). Of course any other brown rays cross with P13 will be term hybrid or sp rays that should be out of scope given we are talking only about P13 classifaction.

Fellow breeders, please provide your input.

Thanks
I am not a breeder but I am using this system to do grading too, Daniel. I personally felt this is the most appropriate way to grade BD/PDR based on pricing....
Old 20-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #55
Luc
Senior Dragon

Question

Quote:
Not exactly like this lor bro..... this thread starting is to educate beginners/Newbie on how to identify a genuine BD/PDR as question is being raised with thread like "Who I am", "What is this/that" Showcase BD in thread which I personally feel is a hybrid.... no offense bro Luc like you posted the recent video.... if you were quoted 10K per pair for these hybrid, you buy? Or rather you will buy a genuine ones?

When a buyer buys in the mind of BD, obviously he does not look at hybrid which resemble like BD pure. So this thread is all about how to identify to minimize the risk of getting the non genuine rays...... In the end it is the honesty of the breeder counts....
Hi all bros...sorry for my being v direct in my earlier posts....I got this thinking from my research and study on red aros....and discovered incredible truth and I tend to bring this theory into ray...an area which I am totally new.

Bro uluaking, sorry to go off topic but I guess even hybrids can be more stunning but in bk of every buyer mind, and i agree w u that the onset thinking is to get a pure breed.

Last edited by Luc; 20-07-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #56
uluaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Hi all bros...sorry for my being v direct in my earlier posts....I got this thinking from my research and study on red aros....and discovered incredible truth and I tend to bring this theory into ray...an area which I am totally new.

Bro uluaking, sorry to go off topic but I guess even hybrids can be more stunning but in bk of every buyer mind, and i agree w u that the onset thinking is to get a pure breed.
Aiya we are discussing here no need to feel sorry and no offence though with any person at all.

I do agree that some hybrids are really fantastic or even better than the pure breed. Unless your mindset is on getting very tok gong hybrids, of course can go ahead with what u see is what u like and wanna buy thus dun care pure or not pure... Example of a BD hybrid...

Like this piece of hybrid.... super solid BD genes in it.... even better than most of the BD in the market.... so if the buyer is being told Hybrid and mindset is there that it is a hybrid. It is fine.... But if the buyer is being told pure BD and mindset is already BD mindset..... the feeling is different...
Old 20-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #57
azon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Aiya we are discussing here no need to feel sorry and no offence though with any person at all.

I do agree that some hybrids are really fantastic or even better than the pure breed. Unless your mindset is on getting very tok gong hybrids, of course can go ahead with what u see is what u like and wanna buy thus dun care pure or not pure... Example of a BD hybrid...

Like this piece of hybrid.... super solid BD genes in it.... even better than most of the BD in the market.... so if the buyer is being told Hybrid and mindset is there that it is a hybrid. It is fine.... But if the buyer is being told pure BD and mindset is already BD mindset..... the feeling is different...
This pcs got no BD gene at all.. the broker claim to have BD gene just to inflate the price..

Just like this 2pcs, the breeder house don't even have a single pcs BD or P14 btw old pics la..

Last edited by azon; 11-09-2011 at 12:44 AM.
azon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #58
uluaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by azon View Post
This pcs got no BD gene at all.. the broker claim to have BD gene just to inflate the price..

Just like this 2pcs, the breeder house don't even have a single pcs BD or P14 btw old pics la..
you know best bro Thai king ..... that is why honest breeder is very important.. but i must admit super nice hybrids lor...
Old 20-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #59
azon
Senior Dragon

Quote:
you know best bro Thai king ..... that is why honest breeder is very important.. but i must admit super nice hybrids lor...
i see already also can't tahan..
azon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #60
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by azon View Post
i see already also can't tahan..
Cannot tahan...then get inside the tank lor
Luc is offline   Reply With Quote