Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 13-03-2005, 11:44 AM   #11
plantmania

To me.... It's all cha kway tiao naming convention... Make it sounds good, can sell more
Old 13-03-2005, 12:37 PM   #12
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by higher
My question is,
Whats the difference between a 'diamond shrimp' and a Bee Shrimp?

Both Black and White?

Cheers,
Jerome

Bee and diamond are 2 different species. Both Black and White, diamond patterns can varies quite a bit. Both Bee and diamond can be found in the wild.

CRS comes from diamond, as a color variaion of Diamond. Bee has nothing to do with current CRS / diamond.

In Japan and Europe, they call diamond as bee, and often one can find document written by Japanese and European said "CRS comes from Bee". As far as our ( also Taiwan, HK) context is concerned, "CRS does not come from Bee" and "CRS comes from diamond".

In Europe and Japan, our $0.50 bee shrimp is known as New Bee, as the name Bee has already taken by our Diamond. Diamond shrimps reach Europe and Japan more than 10 years ago and for us, it is only last 1 years and that's why you can see the different in naming convention.

The name black and white crystal shrimps is used by some country to identify diamond that has red genes.

Last edited by silane; 13-03-2005 at 12:55 PM.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #13
astro

juz bought 100pcs of bumble bee shrimps, u guys called it common bee shrimps? some got red bands instead of black
Old 13-03-2005, 04:29 PM   #14
vicker03

I also bought 100pcs of bee shrimp but within a day, left 50 only
very difficult to keep..
Old 13-03-2005, 05:04 PM   #15
dkk08
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane
Bee and diamond are 2 different species. Both Black and White, diamond patterns can varies quite a bit. Both Bee and diamond can be found in the wild.

CRS comes from diamond, as a color variaion of Diamond. Bee has nothing to do with current CRS / diamond.

In Japan and Europe, they call diamond as bee, and often one can find document written by Japanese and European said "CRS comes from Bee". As far as our ( also Taiwan, HK) context is concerned, "CRS does not come from Bee" and "CRS comes from diamond".

In Europe and Japan, our $0.50 bee shrimp is known as New Bee, as the name Bee has already taken by our Diamond. Diamond shrimps reach Europe and Japan more than 10 years ago and for us, it is only last 1 years and that's why you can see the different in naming convention.

The name black and white crystal shrimps is used by some country to identify diamond that has red genes.
Hehe the pro has spoken, thanks silane, was waiting for "one of ya" to correct my "answers"
Like I said I'm still learning, we're all still learning
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2005, 05:33 PM   #16
astro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicker03
I also bought 100pcs of bee shrimp but within a day, left 50 only
very difficult to keep..
this is my 2nd & last try
previous dead in 3days... maybe i hav no fan then
Old 13-03-2005, 05:41 PM   #17
silane
Senior Dragon

peiseh, dkk08, I am also learning, not a pro
Old 13-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #18
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro
this is my 2nd & last try
previous dead in 3days... maybe i hav no fan then

Bee shrimps need 26C or lower, if you cannot get this tank temperature, it should be a waste of $$$. And also they need very good water quality. I suspect they need slight alkaline water due to the geograhical region where they are collected rather than common believe of they will do well in acidic water.
Old 13-03-2005, 06:39 PM   #19
andrewtyr

Quote:
Bee shrimps need 26C or lower, if you cannot get this tank temperature, it should be a waste of $$$. And also they need very good water quality. I suspect they need slight alkaline water due to the geograhical region where they are collected rather than common believe of they will do well in acidic water.
yah, I also think the same thing. They really cannot survive well in planted waters. maybe can try out in a cichlid tank.
Old 13-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #20
Iori

Quote:
Bro, you got extensive knowledge of shrimps............kudos to you. Just a question, do all shrimps require cool temp (eg. 26 deg.C) to thrive in or just bee shrimps? Thanks.