Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 23-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
davianchew
Arofanatic

Question white dot in the eyes?

Dear Bros,

Anyone that came across arowana with a small white dot at the center of the eyes? I have saw an arowana that is quite nice which is about 15 inches but have this problem therefore pulled back in buying. Most arowana wont have it, and the owner claim that is the genes of the fishanyone that have the knowledge in it?

Thanks
davianchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #2
Arosub
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davianchew View Post
Dear Bros,

Anyone that came across arowana with a small white dot at the center of the eyes? I have saw an arowana that is quite nice which is about 15 inches but have this problem therefore pulled back in buying. Most arowana wont have it, and the owner claim that is the genes of the fishanyone that have the knowledge in it?

Thanks
It is commonly called "crystal or diamond eyes".To me,it is a defect as i was told by senior sifus that it is akin to cataracts in human.Higher chance of going blind!!Hope this helps!!
Arosub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 01:27 AM   #3
Spakase

Regarding this white dot in the eye, I was ever told by a Vet it's due to catarracts. However, this could be one of the reasons for the white dot.

I was also told that this may be genetic for some fishes, as to whether it is a health problem I am really not sure now. If it occurs in all the fishes in a farm and there is no problem of blindness in the fish, then this theory that all white dots are signs of catarracts may not be entirely accurate.