Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 24-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
CheckerBox
Dragon

Default Rio Nanay sold as Suriname

Hi Folks,

It was brought to my attention recently that there have been adult Rio Nanay being sold as adult Suriname. I've seen this batch of adult Rio Nanay in person and they are 100% wild caught Rio Nanay.

However, I know of at least one LFS that have labelled these as adult Suriname. While they may look similar, they are different strains altogether. I understand that the importer labelled them as Red Spotted Peruvian or Rio Nanay. I'm just not sure why the LFS has decided to label it as Suriname instead.

While it is true that we should always buy what we like and not merely because of the "labelling", I feel that it is just as important to know what you're buying. Hence, I just wanna highlight the above to fellow angelfish hobbyists.

Some discussion on the difference between these two strains can be found in one of my old threads here http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...light=suriname

I'll be happy to share more on the differences between these two strains in greater details based on my experience of having kept both strains for extended period before.

In fact, I'm contemplating starting an angelfish ID thread so that any hobbyist that is unsure of the strain of angelfish can post a pic on this thread and all of us can help to ID the strain.

Cheers!

Last edited by CheckerBox; 24-09-2014 at 05:48 PM.
CheckerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #2
canopy
Dragon

Yes boss, please start a thread to show ur collections and how to ID them
canopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
onlyyouknow
Senior Dragon

That would be awesome. Always like wild angels, most have really nice colouring.
onlyyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2014, 07:03 AM   #4
YKT
Dragon

Thanks. Any info teaching people how to differentiate the different strain of angel will be very helpful.
YKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Great thread in teaching us how to differential the diff. They are pretty hard to differential. JZX have a batch of rio nanay they look the same like the suriname u posted. Pls do shed more info leh bro.......
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #6
CheckerBox
Dragon

Noted the request. Will try to consolidate all my old threads and put up something on IDing angelfish .

But first need to squeeze out some time. Anyone wanna help me do WC at my "warehouse"? 12 pcs of 5x2x2 and 24 pcs of 2x1x1?
Old 28-09-2014, 12:45 AM   #7
bettafish
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckerBox View Post
Noted the request. Will try to consolidate all my old threads and put up something on IDing angelfish .

But first need to squeeze out some time. Anyone wanna help me do WC at my "warehouse"? 12 pcs of 5x2x2 and 24 pcs of 2x1x1?
Can consider...
Where is your warehouses?
bettafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 10:19 AM   #8
sharkzz
Arofanatic

Quote:

I dun mind if time permits...

Bro Pls check pm..
sharkzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #9
Red
Dragon

Quote:

Me me... call me and arrange the time
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
CheckerBox
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish View Post
Can consider...
Where is your warehouses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkzz View Post
I dun mind if time permits...

Bro Pls check pm..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Me me... call me and arrange the time
Wow guys! I was just kidding only lah. Paiseh leh...

Time is precious. Better spend it with your family than waste time doing WC at my "warehouse". But really appreciate ur gesture.

Meet for coffee and talk about angels ( err... Not the wear skirt type hor) better lah.