Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 17-03-2005, 12:51 AM   #1
carsonleo

Talking wat the poop is saying...

There is ways to tell if your fish is doing well and one way is looking at their poop. This chart is a general way of knowing how your fish is doing.

Long thin poop: Same color as their food but its thin and long. This normally caused by stress and not eating well. Fish should be closely watched.

White poop with air bubbles: There isnt any color to the poop and there is air trapped in the poop. This is signs of constipation, the food isnt being prossed in the fish. Fish should not be feed for three days and then feed nothing but peas for three days.

Thin white poop: There isnt any color to the poop. This is a sign of a bacterial infection inside of the fish. Fish should be placed on Anitoboitics and feed nothing but anitibotic foods.

Long clear (zig zag) with air bubbles: There isnt any color to the poop but it is long and with air bubbles in the poop. This is normally the fish reabsorbing eggs.

Long and thick poop: The poop is long but the same color as the food you feed them but it trails the fish. This fish is feed to much and is alittle consitapated. Fish shouldnt be feed for three days.

Short to medium poop: Good healthy poop should be the same color as what you have feed them. The poop should be short to medium length and not be trailing the fish for long lengths of time.

duno weather if this are ture...
Old 17-03-2005, 10:06 AM   #2
mcktan

hi bro carson,

thanks for sharing.

I notice that when I feed my ranchu wif frozen blood worm, sometimes their shit is long and thin.

As what u mention:
Long thin poop: Same color as their food but its thin and long. This normally caused by stress and not eating well. Fish should be closely watched.

so I guess, this saying may not be accurate based on bloodworm diet, unless my ranchu is stress on eating bloodworm?

cheers
Old 17-03-2005, 10:12 AM   #3
peter porker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcktan
hi bro carson,

thanks for sharing.

I notice that when I feed my ranchu wif frozen blood worm, sometimes their shit is long and thin.

As what u mention:

so I guess, this saying may not be accurate based on bloodworm diet, unless my ranchu is stress on eating bloodworm?

cheers

could be because you put your face too close to the tank when they are eating...

GF: hmmmm....here comes a nice snack *chomp chomp, munch munch*

mcktan puts his face perilously close to the tank...

GF: *chomp chomp, munch mun....EEKS!*

Yours jestily,
PP
Old 17-03-2005, 10:23 AM   #4
mcktan

hahahah
then next time I must wear a mask and become mask rider when feeding the ranchu.
Old 17-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #5
mcktan

done a serach in web and got this infos

Diagnosing what is wrong with your fish can be one of the most difficult task we face as a goldfish keeper. Below are a few helpful tips to help you diagnosis problems.

Looking at Fish Feces

This may not sound pleasant, but let's face it, these are goldfish, and they produce a lot of waste, sometimes we cannot help but notice it in the tank. So let's take a quick look at how examining fish waste can help use determine what is wrong.

Healthy Feces - Should be the color of the food they consume. Short and somewhat chunky in appearance.

Thin Floating Feces - Long and thin, the color of the food they have consumed. Typically poor diet related.

Thick Floating Feces - Long and thick, the color of the food they have consumed. Typically a sign of overfeeding, can be poor diet related as well.

Thin, White Floating Feces - White and stringy in appearance, it is usually a sign of an internal bacterial infection.

Long, Thick Chunky in Spots with Mucous casing, Floating Feces - Typically the color of the food they have consumed, with large areas of what appears to be air bubbles in a mucous casing. This is typically being caused by the food fermenting. Soak food before feeding.

Diarrhea - You will notice a brown tinge to the water. This is typically a sign of infection.

Clear Long Feces - Re-absorbed eggs.
Old 18-03-2005, 12:44 AM   #6
butchufly

Quote:
Clear Long Feces - Re-absorbed eggs.
Thanks for sharing.
One question, what is re-absorbed eggs ?
Does it mean the eggs eaten by the fish after they are laid ?
Old 18-03-2005, 01:14 AM   #7
carsonleo

Quote:
hi bro carson,

thanks for sharing.

As what u mention:

cheers

i think so, i got the info from the web so duno weather they are rite or not...
Old 18-03-2005, 01:55 AM   #8
mybirdshit
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchufly
Thanks for sharing.
One question, what is re-absorbed eggs ?
Does it mean the eggs eaten by the fish after they are laid ?
Reabsorbed eggs...means when the female is ripe but did not spawn, she reabsorbs the eggs in her ovaries or something...forgot the exact wording to put this.
mybirdshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 09:42 AM   #9
Stevenn

Must take note of what the expert say. Thanks for sharing.