Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 30-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #281
tarzen
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
congrats on the spawn bro (: let her continue to hold and allow e eggs to develop under her care (:
one suggestion for you. try changing the substrate and use fine sand. cos if im not wrong your substrate looks like C1 or C0 coral sand which may be harmful for them when they sift through the sand.
thanks bro thats the finest of the coral sand that i m able to get but they seem to like it the male actually created a hole to seduce the female to spawn veri interesting
tarzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #282
tarzen
Dragon

bro YM how long should i allow her to hold on to the eggs ? the female seem to be playing with it every 3-5 min she will tumble the eggs and once awhile shake the head hee hee hee cute man.
Old 30-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #283
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzen View Post
thanks bro thats the finest of the coral sand that i m able to get but they seem to like it the male actually created a hole to seduce the female to spawn veri interesting
the fine sand im refering to is like those that cory owners use. very fine ones.. cause when they sift through the sand, they pass it out their gills sometimes and if grain size is big, gills get damaged.
and since they are mouthbrooders with small eggs, rough sand can damage the eggs if the female is not careful.
creating the spawning site will be done be it rough or fine sand bro, cause the male wants to MATE. hahaha
just a suggestion to change grain size, not a must to follow

Quote:
bro YM how long should i allow her to hold on to the eggs ? the female seem to be playing with it every 3-5 min she will tumble the eggs and once awhile shake the head hee hee hee cute man.
erm i always allow them to develop all the way till free swimming. good that she tumbles, if she dont tumble then egg spoil liao lo..
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #284
tarzen
Dragon

Quote:
the fine sand im refering to is like those that cory owners use. very fine ones.. cause when they sift through the sand, they pass it out their gills sometimes and if grain size is big, gills get damaged.
and since they are mouthbrooders with small eggs, rough sand can damage the eggs if the female is not careful.
creating the spawning site will be done be it rough or fine sand bro, cause the male wants to MATE. hahaha
just a suggestion to change grain size, not a must to follow

erm i always allow them to develop all the way till free swimming. good that she tumbles, if she dont tumble then egg spoil liao lo..
yup yup at first tot of using the sodu river sand check with the anutie at 328 she told me cannot used the river sand for tis kind of cichilds tat y end up buying tis coral sand..

wow bro hold till become free swimming once she open mouth will the fry become the feeder for the rest of the mates inside the tank ?
Old 30-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #285
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
yup yup at first tot of using the sodu river sand check with the anutie at 328 she told me cannot used the river sand for tis kind of cichilds tat y end up buying tis coral sand..

wow bro hold till become free swimming once she open mouth will the fry become the feeder for the rest of the mates inside the tank ?
no garuntee cos different females different. some are capable of fending for the fries, some are not. also depends what kind of tankmates you have.
if you scared then collect earlier lo, but when egg sac is still not fully absorbed, that is when the wrigglers are most vunerable just like any other fish species or variant.
Old 30-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #286
tarzen
Dragon

Quote:
no garuntee cos different females different. some are capable of fending for the fries, some are not. also depends what kind of tankmates you have.
if you scared then collect earlier lo, but when egg sac is still not fully absorbed, that is when the wrigglers are most vunerable just like any other fish species or variant.
Oki Oki no other tank mates just afew more xeno tats all should I continue to feed them or temp go without food for them ?
Old 30-12-2010, 11:55 PM   #287
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Oki Oki no other tank mates just afew more xeno tats all should I continue to feed them or temp go without food for them ?
answer to this question is personal preference. some will starve the whole tank till fries are collected. some will continue feeding.. up to you.
Old 31-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #288
tarzen
Dragon

Quote:
answer to this question is personal preference. some will starve the whole tank till fries are collected. some will continue feeding.. up to you.
O Oki Oki if Tats e case tink I will just feed them no pt becos of the female holding n cause the rest to suffer tats nt rite for me
Old 31-12-2010, 01:49 AM   #289
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Congrats bro tarzen, must be super happy and excited huh hehe.
foreverfrontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #290
tarzen
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverfrontosa View Post
Congrats bro tarzen, must be super happy and excited huh hehe.
Thanks bro FF hopefully can have some result