Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 04:14 AM   #2991
RELAX
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidnoise View Post
My big PDR female also sumtimes like dat.
AS long as eating not too stress it will heal.
If its too stress isolate her for a while
strange...can it be some kind of parasites that we dont know?or skin sensitive?if u confirm that is not bitten by any other ray,pleco,ff,etc etc
Old 05-12-2006, 07:44 AM   #2992
T1KARMANN

i would leave the ray were it is and add some airation as i cant see any airation in the tank

i had the same sort of mark on one of my pearl rays and never found out how it happend but it healed up fine

Old 05-12-2006, 09:54 AM   #2993
Tay
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1KARMANN View Post
i would leave the ray were it is and add some airation as i cant see any airation in the tank

i had the same sort of mark on one of my pearl rays and never found out how it happend but it healed up fine
Same tot with Bro Tikarmann, leave them alone and keep thw water very clean can liao so infection will not come in. Things like this always happened to my rays, nothing to worry about. Cheers.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:39 AM   #2994
yanki2
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by messianic View Post
no. i dun have heater. i didnt trying feeding le. but its like breathing like quite heavily. just sitting there. may i know what causes it ar?
so do i need to isolate it? or just leave it there?
hmm try not to move it. in the mean time add more aeration to the tank. monitor it for a while. if its the other ray that is attacking it. then u might wan to remove the other one. dun remove stressed rays. might cause it further stress, not gd for rays. i nev had ray attacking other ray b4. only when they wanna breed. try to give it some live food live torsats and shrimps.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:05 AM   #2995
amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELAX View Post
agree,that's the most logical explanation i guess.btw a lot of ppl thought that teacup rays are easy to keep,but is actually difficult,suggest u start motoro next time.
a newbie question...

what are teacup rays? is it a breed?

thanks...

Old 05-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #2996
skinnydragon

teacup is a common name discribing the size of the ray.... the size of a tea cup..... normally teacups are called reticulated stingray...

Old 05-12-2006, 09:01 PM   #2997
RELAX
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnydragon View Post
teacup is a common name discribing the size of the ray.... the size of a tea cup..... normally teacups are called reticulated stingray...
at first was for a breed called-reticulated stingray,then there are ppl generalised it as for all stingrays when they are still very young!! however i think is solely a breed.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:53 AM   #2998
yanki2
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
at first was for a breed called-reticulated stingray,then there are ppl generalised it as for all stingrays when they are still very young!! however i think is solely a breed.
yeah, peop know rect rays as teacup rays, motoro is motoro, pdr is pdr, no matter they are big or the egg saggs are still there. no one calls them teacup rays now.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:00 AM   #2999
T1KARMANN

if you buy a tea cup ray then you have about a 80% chance it will be a reticulatus (spelt wron)

when i 1st started to keep rays the name teacup ray was given to any small unidentifyed ray which chould have been retic,hytrix,obi,humrosa as time has gone on people now know how to ID rays better than before

so basicaly you buy a teacup and you get a retic

Old 06-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #3000
amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnydragon View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1KARMANN View Post
if you buy a tea cup ray then you have about a 80% chance it will be a reticulatus (spelt wron)

when i 1st started to keep rays the name teacup ray was given to any small unidentifyed ray which chould have been retic,hytrix,obi,humrosa as time has gone on people now know how to ID rays better than before

so basicaly you buy a teacup and you get a retic
ok... so teacups are actually Reticulated Rays lor?

anyone has a pic to show? thanks!

Closed Thread