Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 08-01-2003, 06:59 PM   #61
goldies

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
1 inch ranchus at the LFS or markets leh? Those ok? Cost abt $2-3 each right?

But will they look as good and as cute like when they are young once they get bigger and older? or must it be Jap ranchu then will look good?

I thought when when get them small and see them grow big will be nice experience mah...BTW, how fast do they grow to 3-4 inches from 1 inch huh?

Cheers
Are u sure those are so small? From head to tail? Hmm....

How fast can they grow from 1 inch to 3-4 inches? Feed more they grow faster, feed less they grow slower loh. But eat more got more shit, which means u need to change water more frequently lor.

Jap ranchu looks good meh? Do u have tubs or ponds to view them from the top? Or do u stay in hdb like most of us and keep a tank? U think u want to keep Princess Diana or Joe Tay in your hdb? Even if they are willing to stay with u, how are you going to feed and cloth them? Hawker center? Pasa Malam? Wait until u earn as much as that Philip or born in the Royal family then say lah. Similarly, learn your skills before you think of Jap Ranchus lah. There are many skilled people here that you can learn from.

All fish are nice one lah, as long as their defects are not too obvious Some of TRP's fish are so horrible but still have Cai Tao buy them, so beauty is in the eye of beholder lah.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:23 PM   #62
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by goldies

Are u sure those are so small? From head to tail? Hmm....

How fast can they grow from 1 inch to 3-4 inches? Feed more they grow faster, feed less they grow slower loh. But eat more got more shit, which means u need to change water more frequently lor.

Jap ranchu looks good meh? Do u have tubs or ponds to view them from the top? Or do u stay in hdb like most of us and keep a tank? U think u want to keep Princess Diana or Joe Tay in your hdb? Even if they are willing to stay with u, how are you going to feed and cloth them? Hawker center? Pasa Malam? Wait until u earn as much as that Philip or born in the Royal family then say lah. Similarly, learn your skills before you think of Jap Ranchus lah. There are many skilled people here that you can learn from.

All fish are nice one lah, as long as their defects are not too obvious Some of TRP's fish are so horrible but still have Cai Tao buy them, so beauty is in the eye of beholder lah.
Agreed with goldies here. As long as you don't under-fed or over feed them, generally they will be okay.
Fishes that are under-fed will tend to have big eyes but small body, 'cause these fishes are aging but bodies are not growing accordingly due to mul-nultrition. 2 to 3 feedings per day should be sufficient, your fishes should finish each feeding within 10 to 15 mins, anything longer than that will be considered as overfeeding.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:21 PM   #63
Panther
Dragon

Dear bros,
Precisely i wanna learn from you experts that's why i'm here...and also to exchange views and experience.

So generally what kind of defects must i look out for when purchasing whatever ranchu I think is nice leh? Or what are the characteristics of a healthy ranchu to take note of when purchasing?

Still learning...
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 01:12 PM   #64
BoiBoi

Hey bro,
Newbie here also, when you purchase ranchu most importantly is that the back must be curve and smooth, next thing to look for is that the head growth must be prominent and show potential of growing lor.
Boiboi
Old 09-01-2003, 02:02 PM   #65
goldies

Quote:
Dear bros,
Precisely i wanna learn from you experts that's why i'm here...and also to exchange views and experience.

So generally what kind of defects must i look out for when purchasing whatever ranchu I think is nice leh? Or what are the characteristics of a healthy ranchu to take note of when purchasing?

Still learning...
Look out for obvious ones like missing eyes :P. Look out for wounds and white spot on the body.

As for Ranchus, like what BoiBoi said, look out for smooth curve back. See whether the fish is lively or keep sinking at the bottom or floating on top. See whether the fish is swimming well.

Try to buy fish when they just arrive, rather than after a week.

Read up on the fish, see more pictures. I think there is a local website that has goldfish pictures nicely taken. Cannot rem the link now.

But most importantly, if you like it. Not what others thinks.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:24 PM   #66
goldfishfever

Quote:
Dear bros,

Still learning...
If you are just interested in side view ranchu, check my photo gallery. A picture speaks a thousand words. Note the head, body, back and tail features of this fish. When you select ranchu aim for one with this kind of back and tail features.

PS. This is one of my Thai side view ranchus.

Last edited by goldfishfever; 09-01-2003 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:13 PM   #67
Xerovix

OT...

finally, you put up your ranchu pic for everyone to see...

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever

If you are just interested in side view ranchu, check my photo gallery. A picture speaks a thousand words. Note the head, body, back and tail features of this fish. When you select ranchu aim for one with this kind of back and tail features.

Old 09-01-2003, 05:30 PM   #68
BoiBoi

Hey bro,
Maybe you can even arrange for the bro here to go ranchu hunting with you to help and advice in getting a better quality ranchu. I think they would really mind that rite bros????
Boiboi
Old 09-01-2003, 09:58 PM   #69
AeroKing

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by BoiBoi
Hi bro,
You can get some good quality ranchu at Qian hu and also The Fish Tank Aquarium. If try other place also can, west side quite a few LFS sell good quality ranchu.
Boiboi
Qian Hu..who?? Yaks, all the tail small, small one leh!
Old 09-01-2003, 09:59 PM   #70
AeroKing

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever

Fever, not bad leh!