Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 30-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #21
copycat01

mine is pamper

only feeders, MP or pallet forget it man....

Or rather MP that sink to the floor also forget it....

Haiz. straving shoudl work, it use to work for me also. but IT stubborn.

I got one IT, that one super, only MP. nothing else. Not even feeders.
Old 30-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #22
troutsalmonlove
Dragon

Why not you try ghost shrimps 1st, den slowly convert to frozen ghost shrimps, den after that frozen ghost shrimps mix with mp, den slowly mix with mp at last. Provided they do eat the above food step by step.. Starve will work..
troutsalmonlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
sgslic
Arofanatic

I tried Jon-San's method. Even got my arro to take pellets..sometimes..
sgslic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #24
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by takanori View Post
L14 feed pallets will do, don't think got chance to feed on mp with other fish around. Just drop the pallets and dont on light, your L14 will go out look for food when hungry.
Haha, believe me, I tried... Problem is, my tank has 2 rays that take up everything on the floor... The pellets don't last 30 secs. Moreover, i have heavy current flows that sweep debris and stuff to the underflow, so generally, no food leftovers after feeding is done (not counting mp shells). On a side note, just inspected the L14's tummy. Tummy isn't bulging, but not sunken either... I really really wonder what it's feeding on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limrr View Post
The value of the fish is inversely proportional to the success of converting to mp. Example , if you have a ST or platinum gar or snow arowana , would you starve them to weeks or months ?? you will be afraid of fish being stunted .
I did try that on my ST.... Thankfully, it has a weakness towards having an empty stomach. After 3 days of starving, it just took whatever landed in the tank first. Including algae wafers, my finger and assorted knick-knacks (suction cups, etc)... I think the weakness comes as a result of always being able to gorge, so much so that when the starving period starts and they start to feel the hunger pangs, they can't resist anything that remotely looks edible (meaning anything that's their mouth size and floating around).

That's what I observed from my fishes anyways, YMMV.

Last edited by Jon-san; 01-12-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #25
Navy
Dragon

If u really want mp train them then u must not give in so easily. Continue to give mp untilmthey start eating a piece at a time. They dun eat, u dun care. No fish will be stupid enough to starve themselves to death. I use this method to train all my tigers. Eventually all eat mp & now all fat fat
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #26
bigworld

when they are hungry, they will take them