Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 21-03-2005, 01:40 PM   #11
plantmania

It's not the extension but the total number of equipment and current used that's important. Almost all timers are rated to support max load of 13 A, more than enough except for some wierd reasons you want to run your aircon or fridge off a timer.....

I am driving a metal halide(total 330 watts)setup+fan(15 watt)+solenoid(1 watt) from the timer..... it works perfectly, current is still way below max load.

Only those who use (1000+watt) metal halide for marine/reef tanks might need to be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhiQiang
hi dude, i have some question on the timer...

It seems that the timer has only one socket. Is it safe to use an extension on the timer?
Old 21-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #12
schema

That's wat I mean by poor timekeeping, again loss 2 mins.

Old 21-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #13
plantmania

+- 1 min per month fluctation is stated on the manual. Most people don't need exact time keeping, important stuff for the average us would be the scheduling, it has a good feature for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
Old 21-03-2005, 03:34 PM   #14
dOlBy

Quote:

Bro schema, you DIY some kind of timer box? Care to show more pics?
Old 21-03-2005, 05:14 PM   #15
the_r0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmania
Battery just to keep the LCD timer going. Digital looks good, and easy to configure/change to exact timings, Weekly schedule as well. E.g I can set the lighting to be different during the weekdays and weekends, to ensure I can view the tank on the "lights on" condition optimally or have a "reduced lighting timing" on alternate days.

Another reason is probably like liuhao's ph Controller, do search forum on it for exact Details. Basically the "dial" timer needs power to keep the dial turning, in the case of a system driven by an on/off switch like the ph controller, the "timing" on the "dial" timer go out of sync when ph flutuates. But if the Digital timer is used, the timing is consistent and will not change if the main power supply is suddenly cut off.

Anyway I bought it because I was in Shop & save, and I needed an extra timer for my aeration, annoying that I had to plug in and plug out every night to keep my lifestock breathing

In the end, all timers are Timers Same job, on and off, some are more flexible.
ah.. i see.. keke.. thanks.. for now will stick to my analog ones.. saving money for another project.. keke
Old 22-03-2005, 12:05 AM   #16
schema

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantmania
+- 1 min per month fluctation is stated on the manual. Most people don't need exact time keeping, important stuff for the average us would be the scheduling, it has a good feature for it.
This is the 2 "stable" timer I have after 3 exchanges.... wa lao, big quality problem!
Ohh....the lousy timekeeping I agree is not important but it is just nice to see the time always the same especially it is side by side.

Bro dOlBy, ur 1 curious chap, wat I have here is the top view of my DIY 6x55w lightset........I use 2 timers to simulate morning/noon/evening/night.
Currently my LED night lights is offline(blown, cos wrong calculation), others are ventilation fan, 12V power output for cooling fan.
Old 22-03-2005, 01:12 AM   #17
dOlBy

Quote:
Bro dOlBy, ur 1 curious chap, wat I have here is the top view of my DIY 6x55w lightset........I use 2 timers to simulate morning/noon/evening/night.
Currently my LED night lights is offline(blown, cos wrong calculation), others are ventilation fan, 12V power output for cooling fan.
Bro seem like your is an interesting DIY project. I'm curious cos I like DIY equipments alot.
Old 22-03-2005, 03:14 AM   #18
schema

Will dig around for pics to post......haven't got time to fix my nightlights!