Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 27-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #521
Calsberg
Dragon

We may decide to give Paul his own small burial plot within our grounds and erect a modest permanent shrine

~ Rep of Oberhausen Sea Life Center (on commemorative plans for “Paul the octopus” who gained worldwide fame from its correct predictions in the World Cup 2010)
Calsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #522
Calsberg
Dragon

"Lars had a pretty crappy drum kit, with one cymbal. It kept falling over, and we'd have to stop, and he'd pick the f***king thing up. He really was not a good drummer... when we were done jamming, we were like, what the f*** what that ?

There were so many different things about him. His mannerisms, his looks, his accent, his attitude, his smell. He smelled - he smelled like Denmark, I guess. They have a different view on bathing. We use soap in America"

~ James Hetfield (lead singer and member of Metallica recalling his first encounter in April 1981 with Lars Ulrich, his current bandmate and drummer)
Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #523
Calsberg
Dragon

I'm at that stage where I don't think I can write pop music any more.

~ Elton John (who is calling time on writing hit tunes because he feels he's too old to compete with some of today's stars such as Lady Gaga)
Old 08-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #524
Calsberg
Dragon

Whatever happens, she's given us so much joy we're going to be happy about her for the rest of our lives.

~ Jerry Moss (owner of Zenyatta, a mare who with a record of 19 wins in 19 races could go down in history as the greatest horse of all-time; Zenyatta will conclude her careeer Saturday in the Breeders' Cup Classic)
Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #525
Calsberg
Dragon

I struggled with myself, I struggled with my own pain, but I made it to the finish line.

~ Edison Pena (one of the Chilean miners, who completed the New York City Marathon less than a month after he was rescued from the collapsed mine)
Old 10-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #526
Calsberg
Dragon

People ask me why I named the show Conan. I did it so I'd be harder to replace.

[I]~ Conan O'Brien (former Tonight Show host, during the opening monologue of his new show on TBS)[/I]
Old 16-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #527
Calsberg
Dragon

I am for national reconciliation. I am for dialogue.

~ Aung Yang Suu Kyi (Burma's democracy icon and a Nobel Peace laureate, vowing to continue her fight for political liberty in her country; she was freed from house arrest Saturday)
Old 18-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #528
Calsberg
Dragon

I'm wildly excited that I can walk through a machine instead of getting my dose of love pats.

~ Claire McCaskill (U.S. Senator from Missouri, on the TSA's airport security procedures and full-body scanners that have generated controversy over passenger privacy)
Old 19-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #529
LoNgFei

"Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit." - George Carlin (Comedian)
Old 22-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #530
Calsberg
Dragon

This settlement is a fair and just resolution of these claims, protecting those who came to the aid of this city when we needed it most.

~ Michael Bloomberg (New York City mayor, on the agreement reached in a lawsuit brought by workers who suffered health damages as a result of 9/11; more than 95% of them approved the settlement, paving the way for payouts of at least $625 million)