Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 07-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #11
xiaohuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanneo View Post
Forget to add: This is the address for Nature..
Bro care to share which bus service should I take from Novena MRT?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #12
all9n_80
Arofanatic

it only walking distance of about 10mins
all9n_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #13
jordanneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohuli View Post
Bro care to share which bus service should I take from Novena MRT?
I think you can take most of the bus from the bus stop opposite novena mrt. It is just 2 bus stops away if i nvr remember wrongly. But i can confirm that 166 and 851 goes there as that are the 2 buses i took

Maybe you can check out the bus guide first to confirm.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #14
xiaohuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by all9n_80 View Post
it only walking distance of about 10mins
I C. Thanks bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanneo View Post
I think you can take most of the bus from the bus stop opposite novena mrt. It is just 2 bus stops away if i nvr remember wrongly. But i can confirm that 166 and 851 goes there as that are the 2 buses i took

Maybe you can check out the bus guide first to confirm.
Ok thanks alot for your help bro.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #15
xiaohuli

Another question: Anybody can tell me the operating hours of Nature & Colourful?
Old 08-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #16
JadeIceGreen

Let us know how good NA is.. I have been thinking of paying a visit. From the MRT, do we walk in the direction of novena church to reach NA?

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #17
z_z

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohuli View Post
Another question: Anybody can tell me the operating hours of Nature & Colourful?
No confirmed opening hours, but i think they close at 8 - 8:30pm. Nice place to go to for planted tanks (the ones at colourful are nice) and planted tanks stuff, but don't expect to stay for long. NA is 1 shophouse size and colourful is half-shophouse size.

The owners are relatively friendly and will share their knowledge with you.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #18
Heuer
Dragon

If NA didnt change their operating hr, mon - sat should be 12 - 8 pm. Sun 12- 6 pm.
Heuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #19
xiaohuli

Hi guys! I went to Nature & Colourful this morning. Reached there at about 10+. Nature was closed & Colourful was open. So I went into Colourful to take a look.

It's really a place for aquascaping..selling driftwoods/stones/plants..many varieties..quite a number of nicely aquascaped tanks there..all plants VERY healthy looking! The uncle quite hardworking...saw him picking off the dead leafs & cleaning the tank walls. The uncle's aquascape was placed 2nd place in Aquarama 2007! Says alot about this shop.

Bad thing about this shop is there is no price stated for most of the stuffs..so you really have to open your mouth & ask every single pricing if you wanna know..

Bought a packet of cherry shrimps there. Uncle not very talkative though. But he is not unfriendly too. Overall I think its more of a place to buy plants than a place for food/conditioner/etc.

Next, is Nature Aquarium. It is opened at 1130hrs. Also a very nice place for plants/driftwoods/stones. Good thing is price are stated for most items. More variety of livestocks are available here. More equipments & products are found here as this shop is bigger than Colourful. Bought a small piece of driftwood, some floating plants, & a cute red apple snail! The 2 uncles are very friendly too.

Overall I think Balestier Shopping Centre is a place that is worth a trip if you are into planted tanks or just looking around casually.

Pricing wise I never disclose here as I think it would not be a good idea..don't even know if I'm allowed to. Heh. PM me if you all need more info!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #20
xiaohuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_z View Post
No confirmed opening hours, but i think they close at 8 - 8:30pm. Nice place to go to for planted tanks (the ones at colourful are nice) and planted tanks stuff, but don't expect to stay for long. NA is 1 shophouse size and colourful is half-shophouse size.

The owners are relatively friendly and will share their knowledge with you.
Thanks bro for your info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
If NA didnt change their operating hr, mon - sat should be 12 - 8 pm. Sun 12- 6 pm.
Thanks bro for your info. But today it opened at 11.30am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
Let us know how good NA is.. I have been thinking of paying a visit. From the MRT, do we walk in the direction of novena church to reach NA?

Thanks!
From MRT..I'm not sure where is novena church so can't really answer that. I only remember comming out of Novena Square (from MRT station take the Thomson road's exit) & turning right to go up the overhead bridge. Then from the bus stop can take a few buses. I know bus service 5 got go there. Others can't really remember. But most of the bus opposite of novena square got go there. Look at the bus route at the bus stop & look for "Thomson Med Ctr". Alight there & you will see Balestier Shopping Centre, which is opposite Thomson Medical Centre. Hope my explanation is clear. Any doubts feel free to shoot qns!