Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 18-01-2003, 05:40 PM   #1
Valleyman

Default Red bruises on Pearscale goldfish head

Have a dozen 2" pearscale in a 3'x3'x10" fibretank with 4 suckerfish. Yesterday, I found 3 pearscale with red bruises on the head between the eyes. Suspected it is due to the suckerfish, but someone mentioned that it could be some sort of disease. Anyone have this problem before. Anyway, I have removed the suckers.
Old 18-01-2003, 11:10 PM   #2
frankloh
Arofanatic

Sucker fish likes to suck the slime of the GF body!!!....Suckerfish and GF is a big No No!!!!......
I personally seen it alot of times leow. Maybe keep Siamese algae eater to clear your tank of algae will be better.
frankloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2003, 11:19 PM   #3
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by frankloh
Sucker fish likes to suck the slime of the GF body!!!....Suckerfish and GF is a big No No!!!!......
I personally seen it alot of times leow. Maybe keep Siamese algae eater to clear your tank of algae will be better.
Do not be deceived by the small and innocent Siamese Algae Eater. They are as nasty as the rest of the suchker fishes when you are not looking at them.
Old 19-01-2003, 09:04 AM   #4
PsychoticBetta

perhaps u can use snails?...im using them as well
Old 19-01-2003, 07:18 PM   #5
frankloh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever
Do not be deceived by the small and innocent Siamese Algae Eater. They are as nasty as the rest of the suchker fishes when you are not looking at them.

Really? You kept those before too?......cos I read from the internet and they say they are good for community tank.....almost wanna get a pair today.

So they too like to suck on GF tank?.....Then what else can we depend to get rid of aglae?.....DIY??? Our good old pair of hands???

Snails very slow worker and shrimps surely kena eaten by my GF.
Old 19-01-2003, 07:24 PM   #6
Xerovix

never keep any algae sucker fish with goldfish.

i used to keep 2 small chinese algae eaters in my goldfish tank till i caught them them chasing and sticking on the goldfish body sucking the slime.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankloh
Really? You kept those before too?......cos I read from the internet and they say they are good for community tank.....almost wanna get a pair today.

So they too like to suck on GF tank?.....Then what else can we depend to get rid of aglae?.....DIY??? Our good old pair of hands???

Snails very slow worker and shrimps surely kena eaten by my GF.
Old 19-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #7
frankloh
Arofanatic

According to the article in the internet, it mention that Chinese Aglae eater are aggressive as compared to Siamese Aglae eater.
And many people actually mistaken a Chinese Aglae as a Siamese Aglae eater as they both looks almost the same.

But it never mention anything about keeping it with GF thats why wanna find out more from you guys
Old 19-01-2003, 07:46 PM   #8
Ntim

Default Re: Red bruises on Pearscale goldfish head

had that problem before but discovered that it was due to the clown loaches and sucker fishes. Had quickly separated them, pls do not trust these fishes. Unless you want to see it with your own eyes and it will be too late, you fishes will be infected with diseases.

Quote:
Originally posted by Valleyman
Have a dozen 2" pearscale in a 3'x3'x10" fibretank with 4 suckerfish. Yesterday, I found 3 pearscale with red bruises on the head between the eyes. Suspected it is due to the suckerfish, but someone mentioned that it could be some sort of disease. Anyone have this problem before. Anyway, I have removed the suckers.
Old 19-01-2003, 08:04 PM   #9
Valleyman

What about that small fish call 'OTO'. It has a mouth like a sucker and was told that it also eats algae. Anyone has keep them before with GF ?
Old 19-01-2003, 10:09 PM   #10
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by Valleyman
What about that small fish call 'OTO'. It has a mouth like a sucker and was told that it also eats algae. Anyone has keep them before with GF ?
Like bro Frank said, DIY with your hand is a better solution. There is not regret with DIY.