Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 10-10-2005, 10:20 AM   #11
donshootme

haha ok, Jebao.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #12
stevenhii

I use Jebao 3080 (same like 918 n 618) before and after almost a yrs ... my nightmare start. one day I wake up at 4am and notice my sitting room like in waterword, whole floor got water ... I so scare that the tank crack or what..

after I do some checking and notice the water leak from canister filter. I open up the canister head and notice the propeller stack in the hole and couldn't unplug even using plier. That my worst experience.

I have to mop the floor almost 2 hrs to clean everything ... luckly the water only 20% of my 4ft tank else my fish all went meet Jesus liao.

And I bought the Jeboa 618 3 days later (no $$) and my OTO died 5 pcs maybe becos no filter. Now i used if for almost 4 months and no problem so far ... heard from one bro that he normally throw the filter after 1 yrs ++ no matter spoilt or what to prevent the problem (he a bit rich i guess haha).

I don't think Jeboa is the OEM for eheim product, jeboa quality is must more lower than eheim. Think those LFS just try to promote their product...I do agree eheim got higher resale value and if you got lower budget than target for 2nd eheim pro.

It defenately save you trouble for long run unless you think you might quite this hobby after 1 or 2 yrs than get those china brand product.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #13
dragonfly_sg

I have 2 Jebao 918 running 24/7 for over 2 years liao. No major problem so far, maybe I am lucky

I believe Jebao is not an OEM of Ehiem. I would call them "emulator" of Ehiem for their cannisters instead.

To me, budget is important. I calculated that if I purchase 1 jebao 918 for $70, I could replace 1 Jebao every 2 years for the next 10 years, with the money I would pay for a same capacity Ehiem. That make some sense to me because, who knows, I might stop keeping fish for whatever reason, sometime down the road. I don't need to worry about resale value too since I didn't paid as much.

But I do agree that quality, do take a beating with Jebao cannister, but knowing this I would try to use their products within their specification. And also try no to abuse it if I can
Old 10-10-2005, 06:19 PM   #14
dannychng

I am using Ehiem, Atman and Jebao. Comparatively Jebao is a lot more noisy than the other.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:54 PM   #15
artifect2002

ya... tetra brand u might want to try? abit ex tho but very quite
Old 11-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #16
the_r0ck

Nobody mention dolphin? I have been using mine for a long time and it's been quiet and efficient. No problems whatsoever. Even no airlocks when I accidently upended the skimmer but I guess I was just pushing my luck there.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:49 PM   #17
Ah_ZhaN
Arofanatic

i using jebao...but relatively efficient for its price...
the noise comes in after long time of usage i think...
Ah_ZhaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:21 AM   #18
Green Baron

The other difference btw the Classic and Ecco & Pro is that the Classic series does not come with a 'tap' thus you have to buy that separately and the Eheim taps can cost quite a lot. The older Ecco series (2231/3/5) had some problem with the handle but this has been fixed in the newer models (2232/4/6).

I go for Eheim because it is reliable, less noisy, consume less power and easy to get parts and repair. Also it has higher resale value.

I would recommed you consider a 2026 Pro II or Ecco 2236 for your 3 feet.

If you are not in a hurry, look out for sale in this forum. You can get 2nd hand 2026/2236 for btw $150-$100 depending on age. I have bought a few 2nd hand Eheim filters from fellow forumers in this forum and they are value for money.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:06 PM   #19
Phillipians

if i may add, the one that is much more compatible to eheim is not jebao... it is atman, and in my opinion, it has better reviews in general for that. Yup but then again, no official survey done,
Old 12-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #20
brianclaw

The first and only Atman canister I bought leaked on me, the parts were badly made(the part connected to the canister where you attach the hoses cracked while I was trying to tighten it), during my first filter maintainence I couldn't even get it to start without it leaking on me... I hated it and will never use another Atman filter again. One other thing with Eheims, they usually use less power to run than filters from other brands. I fully agree when people say you get what you paid for and I don't regret paying for any of my Eheim filters.