Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 12-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
thee_boss
Dragon

Default ready made fgt

I am ready to commit to a fgt as grow out for fish as I realise I have an empty 'plot' of real estate in my place. That is my ac ledge ahahaha. However I realised I cannot fit fgt with 3 ft width. Last I checked, seaview only advertise fgt with 3 ft width. Does any bro know of any place selling ready made 6-7 ft fgt with 2-2.5ft width?

I would like to seek bros opinion on black fgt. I tot black make algae invisible, which is really cool, but not sure fish will be hard to view from top or not?
thee_boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Aro77
Dragon

bro u can buy those fgt with glass panel second hand 1 maybe like 8by2.5by2 or 7by 2.5 by 3 or what ever alot of these are for sale second hand is quite cheap
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Villa_Kwan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thee_boss View Post
I am ready to commit to a fgt as grow out for fish as I realise I have an empty 'plot' of real estate in my place. That is my ac ledge ahahaha. However I realised I cannot fit fgt with 3 ft width. Last I checked, seaview only advertise fgt with 3 ft width. Does any bro know of any place selling ready made 6-7 ft fgt with 2-2.5ft width?

I would like to seek bros opinion on black fgt. I tot black make algae invisible, which is really cool, but not sure fish will be hard to view from top or not?
You might need to custom make for your required size.. Ready made sizes are quite limited.. U can check with mainland or rainbow if they have the size u want. Black is very nice, I'm having a black fgt. top view is ok if u have the right lightings IMO..
Villa_Kwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
thee_boss
Dragon

Thanks vk for opinion on black. I hv limited space constraints and u understand custom is way more exp than ready made. That's why I'm seeking opinion whether 2 to 2.5 ft width is also considered a common 'ready made' dimension. If not, really need to custom make liao. I'm mainly seeing from top, that why need opinion in black base. No need side panel as put on ledge. Unless need to let neighbours staying opposite to see my fishes hehe
Old 12-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
Aro77
Dragon

lol then maybe u might consider getting a 6by2.5by2.5 tank with oyama all 4 side so ur neighbour cant see but u can still see from top its v cheap only 300 to 400 for bare tank then u can get a filter box the 1 use for fgt as a filter or u can use canister
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
thee_boss
Dragon

Glass is v heavy. Scare my ac ledge cannot take it. The ledge base not v even, so fgt should be safer. .
Old 12-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
Villa_Kwan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thee_boss View Post
Thanks vk for opinion on black. I hv limited space constraints and u understand custom is way more exp than ready made. That's why I'm seeking opinion whether 2 to 2.5 ft width is also considered a common 'ready made' dimension. If not, really need to custom make liao. I'm mainly seeing from top, that why need opinion in black base. No need side panel as put on ledge. Unless need to let neighbours staying opposite to see my fishes hehe
Haha.. U can try rainbow or mainland.. They have ready made sizes but I'm not sure what sizes they have.. And ready made fgts seldom have black colour. Even mine was ordered from seaview. They don't carry black ready made in their shop. Or u can find online if anyone is selling their fgt with your requirements.. But so far I haven seen a black fgt for sale online.. Hehe good luck with your search!
Villa_Kwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #8
qwertivity
Dragon

Doubt above 6ft have ready made and readily available. Usually must customize.
qwertivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #9
Saphere
Dragon

Did you check if your AC ledge can take the weight?

6-7ft x 2.5ft of water alone is very heavy.
Saphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #10
thee_boss
Dragon

Guess I will custom from seaview. Thanks. Will hv water lvl 1.5ft and below. .